PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 20x24/Seattle

Tracy Storer
5-May-2006, 17:45
The time has come to bring the 20x24 to Seattle again. I'll be there the week of May 22nd and was wondering if anyone else might want to use the camera while I'm there? Anyone interested should contact me right away, so I can make sure to get enough film.
Depending on how the week shapes up we might have a get together sometime during the week so people can come by, say hello, see the camera and some of the work.
Best,
Tracy

Scott Knowles
6-May-2006, 06:42
Tracy, Please let us know your schedule when we can see the camera and watch you work. I live in Gig Harbor. I'm just getting started in LF photography (many years part-time in 35mm). I know a place I'd love to try it but it's still in deep snow (near Paradise).

Neil Lukas
10-May-2006, 23:20
Hi Tracy. I teach at PhotoCenter NorthWest in Seattle, and I'm sure many of our students would be very interested in a day with the 20x24, either attending a demo, or actually shooting with it. Also, Eli Reed will be in town that week to do a workshop with us, and I think he might well be interested in working with a group of students with the camera.
If you aren't familiar with PCNW, you can have a look at our website to see what we do. www.pcnw.org
I'll send you my contact info, and perhaps we can discuss the possibilities.

Tracy Storer
16-May-2006, 06:05
There has been a little interest in shooting conventional film as well as Polaroid, and I'm trying to decide whether it's worthwhile shipping the back, holders, and film up to Seattle as well. I would bring the film back to my SF Bay Area darkroom to process it and ship the finished negs back up.
Don't know if this will make a difference to any of you.
Let me know.

Alonzo Guerrero
12-Jun-2006, 20:40
This seems very generous and interesting, I am sure everyone appreciated the opportunity Tracy. Does anyone who participated have any feedback on how this went? Any chance you will be posting images of the photographs that were taken? I would really like to see any photographs taken or hear about any of your experiences, as not many of us will get the same opportunity.

--ag

Capocheny
13-Jun-2006, 19:35
Hi Tracy,

Like Alonzo, I also hope you'll post some images here on the forum.

Back about a year ago I went to a show where the artist was selling these incredibly large prints shot with Polaroid film... in short, AMAZING images!

So, it'd be great to see what was shot with that huge camera of yours! :)

Cheers