PDA

View Full Version : Notches on Linhof style lensboard

jimi2
18-Apr-2023, 07:32
Stupid question of the day. I’m getting a couple of lensboards for my Chamonix 45-f1 that’s coming this week, and located a 96x99mm recessed Linhof style board that I believe is what I need/want - it’s recessed for my wide angle lens. But it has several notches that I don’t see on the boards on Chamonix’s website - I’ll try to post a pic. Wondering if this used board will work, as it’s hard finding a recessed board for this. 237696

Not sure what’s up with the notches.

Mark Sampson
18-Apr-2023, 11:57
Those notches are standard on Linhof Technika boards. It's just German precision design; you should be fine with that recessed board. Many other cameras use Technika-style boards; not all have front standards identical to (or as complex as) the Linhof's. I'm not familiar with the Chamonix, but I doubt that it requires those notches; however I can't imagine them being an issue. They will certainly have designed the camera to accept genuine Technika boards... there are many copies of that board design, some more accurate than others; but you will be fine with an original.
You might want to find a little cable-release socket extender, to make using the recessed lens easier.

jimi2
18-Apr-2023, 17:08
Those notches are standard on Linhof Technika boards. It's just German precision design; you should be fine with that recessed board. Many other cameras use Technika-style boards; not all have front standards identical to (or as complex as) the Linhof's. I'm not familiar with the Chamonix, but I doubt that it requires those notches; however I can't imagine them being an issue. They will certainly have designed the camera to accept genuine Technika boards... there are many copies of that board design, some more accurate than others; but you will be fine with an original.
You might want to find a little cable-release socket extender, to make using the recessed lens easier.

Thanks. I already have a cable release extension on my Super Angulon that I want to use with this board, so I should be fine there. I guess I may need to plug the two holes on the upper left, but I don’t think that should be a problem.