PDA

View Full Version : Your experience with Polaroid Originals 8x10 with Calumet processor

erian
3-Apr-2023, 16:43
I'm trying to restart larger Polaroid project that I canned after too many frustrated failures. I used fresh Polaroid Originals film and Calumet manual processor that initially worked find but then went downhill from there.

It was a mess. Literally - most of the time it ended up with rollers covered with the goo. Finally I got only few technically acceptably processed results out of it that I just didn't want to continue with this money burning process.

How have been your results with the Calumet processor or with the electrical processor?

My impression is that there must be something wrong with my processor or I'm using it wrong somehow, but couldn't figure out what or how exactly.

Tin Can
4-Apr-2023, 05:28
I had one and used it 10 years ago, 8X10

My films were too old as OE was not sealed well

I am still shooting Fuji 4X5 as it is in air tight bags

Daniel Unkefer
4-Apr-2023, 07:14
In the late '80's I shot some 8x10 B&W Polaroid, it was a portrait sitting. What a HOOT I absolutely loved it! I did not pay for the film, it was donated to me. I remember MPEX was giving away Polaroid processors, if you bought enough film from them. I never took that bait