PDA

View Full Version : Seek help from Toyo 810 owners

Roberto Manderioli
25-Apr-2006, 13:48
Hello all,
I am seeking users/owners of the Toyo 810M .
I acquired one of these beasts and it came with a Beattie screen. The two parts came separated and I had to fit the screen on the back . Looks like the Beattie accomodates in the larger ridge , the lower ridge is smaller and closer to the lens (BTW what is it for?) . The question is, does anybody know if the fresnel ridges goes toward the lens or towards the photographer (In theory they should go toward the photographer).
Thanks for your attention
Ciao

Michael Graves
25-Apr-2006, 14:34
Beattie goes on the inside, closest to the bellows. The print and gridlines face inward toward the lens. You'll hate it as much as I do, but it's even worse without. I'm going to try a Satin Snow.

Roberto Manderioli
26-Apr-2006, 11:21
Hi Michael,
this sounds very strange, my Beattie does not fit in the smaller (closest to the bellows) ridge .
Moreover the instruction leaflet says to put the fresnel toward the photographer.....
I don't know, I have sent a message to Intenscreen and see if they can help!
Thank you for your help
Ciao
Roberto

bglick
28-Apr-2006, 15:30
I have tired the the Beattie screens for my Toyo 810MII, but to no avail..... I prefer no screen and just learn how to look a bit better. None of these screens can add light, and that is the goal...at best they center the light a bit better, creating more light towards the center. Its been 5 years since i tried it, so maybe I forgot how they function....

I focus on a light tight viewing area, as if its its dark enough insider your hood, its amazing how much brighter that big dim screen can look!