PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Photo instructors

Al Seyle
24-Apr-2006, 09:36
I wish to make a contribution to large format photography by donating my Durst L1200/501 and associated equipment to a college willing to pick up or pay the shipping tab. I am located in Brookings, Oregon (the Southern coast). This is not a troll for selling it, so please do not contact me for that purpose.

Bob_5853
24-Apr-2006, 10:33
Al,

If no one bites you may want to change the subject line to "Free enlarger for an educational institution".

Good luck.

Percy
24-Apr-2006, 12:30
Hi.
Does it have to go to a college? I am teaching 10-11 yr. olds fundamental large format photo techniques (along w/ digital imaging). I am "biting" as it were due to the fact that I am funding the program myself...it is becoming a financially challenging endeavor.

Al Seyle
24-Apr-2006, 12:54
You're right -- it does not need to be a college. However, it does need to be an IRS-registered nonprofit.

Percy
24-Apr-2006, 13:33
So...I take it a public elementary school would qualify...?

Bob Nugent
24-Apr-2006, 19:36
Your school's PTA is a 501c3 so donating to them will meet that requirement.

Brian Ellis
24-Apr-2006, 19:37
A public school would qualify, not as a Setion 501(c)(3) charitable, etc. organization but because it is a part of local government and contributions to state and local governments are deductible.

Capocheny
24-Apr-2006, 21:12
Hi Al,

How about donating to the following college with a photo-imaging program:

http://www.langara.bc.ca/programs/PRPI.html

Or, are you set on donating it to a college in the US?

Thanks

Cheers

Jay DeFehr
25-Apr-2006, 01:52
Hi Al.

I'm a BHHS alumn (go Bruins!), and Brookings remains very close to my heart, even though I've lived in the Boise area for 16 years. I still dream about biscuits and gravy from the Chetco Cafe, the glittering spectacle of the anchovy run as seen from the Brookings-Harbor Bridge, and a beautiful Irish girl who looked like an angel in the spring rain. I hope your enlarger finds a good home, and you enjoy that little piece of heaven on the southern coast of Oregon.