PDA

View Full Version : Pizza wheel marks on 2100

Yaakov Asher Sinclair
23-Apr-2006, 04:24
After a year or two of no problems, I seem to be getting 'pizza wheel' marks on my Epson 2100 (matte black only Epson ink)
Can anyone help?
thanks!
(ps Actually, they look a bit like tiny "matza holes" -- could this be a post- Pesach problem?)

Steven Barall
23-Apr-2006, 07:03
It's the printer of affliction.

Carl Schofield
23-Apr-2006, 07:29
Take out the pizza wheels. I did this quite awhile ago with my 2200 and it worked just fine. If you also have problems with roller marks the rollers can be elevated easily using clipped off pieces of nylon ties (see MIS site for instructions). here is how to remove the pizza wheels:
http://www.inkjetart.com/pizza/index.html

Brian Ellis
23-Apr-2006, 10:14
There was a thread about this in the Yahoo "digitalblackandwhite:theprint" group within the last week. If you scroll through the posts there you should find it easily. Someone there described a method of cleaning the wheels without removing them from the camera I believe.

Brian Ellis
23-Apr-2006, 10:16
Ooops. It just dawned on me that the thread I mentioned may not have involved the 2100. But it shouldn't be difficult to check it out.

Yaakov Asher Sinclair
25-Apr-2006, 02:29
On a second look, I don't think these are pizza wheels. They run crosswise, across the travel of the print through the machine, so I don't think they are being caused by the transport system of the printer.
Thanks to everyone for their help!