PDA

View Full Version : Chinese forum, Chinese photography & hospitality

Jonathan Brewer
21-Apr-2006, 19:57
A while back there was a thread about Chinese photography, 'Bozeman', who participates in this forum, mentioned his forum, http://paowang.com/photo/ ........and I communicated with him about particpating on his forum, I'm now a member of this forum.

I don't speak Chinese, but the again photographs speak a universal language, Bozeman announced my joining the forum, and I was welcomed very warmly, one of the members even took a pic of himself waving 'hi' to me, it was all very impressive, the forum consists of a lot 'warmhearted' folks who love photography just like we do here, and they shoot a lot of film.

Some of the members are located here in the States, many are located in China, many can speak English, to make things easy and unobtrusive, I been using the 'babel' translator whenever I can, which isn't perfect, but many times it gives me the general idea of what's being discussed when looking at a thread.

Navigating around is getting a little easier, and participating on the forum has been a lot of fun, so I'd recommend checking the forum out, there are some interesting pics/ideas/places.

Jonathan Brewer
21-Apr-2006, 20:01
BTW, Ilford will hang around longer than anybody thinks, because many of the folks on this forum shoot HP5.

Capocheny
21-Apr-2006, 22:12
Jonathan,

I just went and took a look at the link you provided... lots of images there! :)

And, I agree... photographs like music, like a nice big smile, can be a universal language!

Two words you'll need are Ni Hao and Xie Xie! (How are you and Thank you :))

And, maybe, "Nin xiang, hao, hao" (Your picture is very nice.)

That's all the Mandarin I can remember from class but you might want to run these phrases through your translation software just to make sure I didn't make a mistake and have you say to one of the members on that forum, "Your mother looks like my elephant!" Or, something akin to that! :)

And, btw, I'm Asian but not born there. :)

Cheers

PS: Can you imagine if every Chinese person got into LF photography over in China? We'd have film available for a very, very long time! :)

Jonathan Brewer
21-Apr-2006, 22:23
Xie Xie!

Capocheny
21-Apr-2006, 23:17
Jonathan xiansheng,

Ni hao?

Bu xie. :)

Jia jin.

Lei Meng
24-Apr-2006, 21:33
Jonathan and Henry:

Thanks for visiting http://paowang.com/photo/. 非常感谢 (thank you very much :o)
Hope more English-speaking people could join our forum. As Jonathan said, photographs speak a universal language.

Bozeman

Capocheny
24-Apr-2006, 23:51
Hi Bozeman,

I now have the site bookmarked but, unfortunately, I'm in the same quandary as Jonathan... communications is a challenge! :)

Cheers