PDA

View Full Version : Ebony SW45 lensboards

Guadarmar
6-Dec-2022, 06:18
I'm considering buying an Ebony SW45.

Just a quick question for owners of such a camera,
are you using centered or of center lensboards?
Or to ask another way, which type allows an axial tilt
through the central axis of the lens?

thanks

Guadarmar

diversey
6-Dec-2022, 08:49
I have both Ebony SW45 and New Wide 45 (old version of SW45). I don’t think centered or off centered lensboard would affect your camera axis tilt. Please correct me if I am wrong. I like New Wide 45 because it is a little bit smaller than SW45 and back tilt can be used. SW 45 also has other advantages over New Wide 45. You may google and compare them. I have a used SW45 for sale now. It is in excellent condition. Please PM me if you are interested.

Guadarmar
6-Dec-2022, 09:43
Thanks for your response.

The difference is when the tiltaxis is of center from the the lenscenter, the axialtilt behaves approximately
like a basetilt. So you have more refocusing work because the lens travels on a circle path while tilting

Thanks for your offer.
Iam based in Germany so ich prefer to trade in the EU because of the import tax which is round about a
quart of the price plus shipping and insurance.
But when I find no camere I will remember you.

Greetings Guadarmar

Keith Pitman
6-Dec-2022, 12:01
The Ebony branded lensboards had lowered holes for the #1 and #0 and centered for the #3.

Guadarmar
6-Dec-2022, 12:56
Thanks

So I belive the Axis position will be ok for the off center Lens boards.

@Keith btw. the Wisner shot a lot Pictures and it is a joy to work with.

Keith Pitman
6-Dec-2022, 15:02
Thanks

So I belive the Axis position will be ok for the off center Lens boards.

@Keith btw. the Wisner shot a lot Pictures and it is a joy to work with.

:-)

Jeff Keller
6-Dec-2022, 22:58
The front of the SW45 pivots about a location that is about 54mm up from the bottom of the lens board and about 44mm down from the top of the lens board.

The off-center ebony lens boards have the spacing reversed centering the lens at the pivot point.

jeff

Guadarmar
6-Dec-2022, 23:31
Thats what I want to know.

Thanks

diversey
7-Dec-2022, 04:50
EU should remove this import tax, it is unfair:o!

Thanks for your response.

The difference is when the tiltaxis is of center from the the lenscenter, the axialtilt behaves approximately
like a basetilt. So you have more refocusing work because the lens travels on a circle path while tilting

Thanks for your offer.
Iam based in Germany so ich prefer to trade in the EU because of the import tax which is round about a
quart of the price plus shipping and insurance.
But when I find no camere I will remember you.

Greetings Guadarmar

Guadarmar
7-Dec-2022, 06:03
That's also my opinion.