PDA

View Full Version : New to me Tachihara

Basil
26-Nov-2022, 19:53
Howdy everyone!

Just picked up a new to to me 8x10 camera and figured I would join here to learn all I could about large format photography. Going about this slowly and still doing some reading on what lens I should get as well as the best method for developing.

Of course no thread is complete without a picture!232941

Louis Pacilla
27-Nov-2022, 07:38
Welcome aboard Basil! That's a very lovely 8x10 Tachihara & here's to enjoying the ride!

Ulophot
27-Nov-2022, 10:09
Welcome, Basil. You're starting out LF with 8x10? Quite a challenge! Perhaps you'd share your other photographic background and photographic interests. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Basil
27-Nov-2022, 14:10
Thank you! Looking forward to shooting with it!

Basil
27-Nov-2022, 14:13
Haha yeah starting with A 8x10 probably isn’t the best move but it was what I found in my area first.

I’ve been shooting film since I was little, never really taken a break from it and have always had a film camera. I have a few Nikon 35mm cameras as well as a Leica. I have been wanting to try large format to take portraits of my kids as they grown

At the moment I’m still looking for a lens but will probably be picking something up soon. Haha if anyone here is from Toronto and has a lens to sell though let me know!