PDA

View Full Version : Arca swiss 4X5 "141 standard"weight.

keng
16-Apr-2006, 03:43
Does anyone know the weight of the new Arca swiss 4X5 F Line metric compact "141 standard" ?
and how small is that compared to 6X9 version?
I can't find it anywhere on the internet.

Thanks!

Frank Petronio
16-Apr-2006, 06:33
Arca-Swiss can't be bothered to provide information, as people buy their gear regardless. Probably some kind customer will weigh their standard and post it, saving the company the expense and trouble. Same goes for instructions and customer support :-)

Precision Camera Works just posted PDFs of the Misura brochure but the 141 brochure still doesn't exist.

Ralph Barker
16-Apr-2006, 07:24
There are actual weights of some of the Arca Swiss line posted in this thread here:

http://largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/500228.html

Rick Koo
16-Apr-2006, 12:43
I can't help answer your question exactly, but to give you a sense of the range: my new model 4x5 Field (141/110) clocks in right around 5.5 lbs with the standard folding rail and no lensboard.

evan clarke
17-Apr-2006, 07:25
Here is a link to a photo of my 141 next to my 171. I can repeat this with my 6x9 included...EC

http://www.apug.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3645

Frank Petronio
17-Apr-2006, 08:07
Evan, which front end are you using and what lensboard? Is that a 110 inside a 141?

keng
17-Apr-2006, 11:28
Evan, Thank you so much! That's what I'm looking for. better than official arca swiss catalogue.
A comparison between 141 4x5 and 6x9 would be nice though :)
BTW, I can't understand why Arca-swiss don't have a website!

Glenn Kroeger
17-Apr-2006, 11:39
On a previous thread, Greg Miller posted these pictures of a field with 140mm back and 110 mm (6x9) front:

www.gregmillerphotography.com/arcaswissfield.htm (http://www.gregmillerphotography.com/arcaswissfield.htm)

He also gave dimensions of this setup as:

Height of camera, rail folded: 11.5" Width of rear standard, rise knob to rise knob: 7.5 " length of rail folded: 6.5"

Again, thanks to Greg for playing surrogate to Arca's future web site.

Glenn

Frank Petronio
17-Apr-2006, 12:54
That is such a sweet little camera, I think it is nearly perfection. No wonder they don't have be responsive to their customers.

(Then I see the silly sideways Arca QR plate because they didn't design the lever-actuated ball head clamp properly!)

Kerry L. Thalmann
17-Apr-2006, 14:20
(Then I see the silly sideways Arca QR plate because they didn't design the lever-actuated ball head clamp properly!)

The lever clamp in the photos is made by ReallyRightStuff (RRS) - not ARCA-SWISS. I prefer the security of a knob driven clamp, but the ARCA-SWISS clamp has an adjustment screw to accomodate QR plates of varyious widths.

Kerry

evan clarke
17-Apr-2006, 19:39
Frank, it is a 110 board on the 141 frame.

Keng, I will make the picture tomorrow. The new field is really a sweet camera, I would buy the metric version with Orbix and I far prefer the optical bench to the folding monorail. You can stow the camera in a smaller space, it is quicker to mount
and is also more rigid..

Evan

Greg Miller
18-Apr-2006, 12:34
"Then I see the silly sideways Arca QR plate because they didn't design the lever-actuated ball head clamp properly!"

Kerry is right in that the clamp in the photo is a RRS lever clamp (ehich repalced the standard A-S screw in clamp). I now use a smaller RRS plate that mounts to the A-S camera plate/rail clalmp that is now in line and not sideways.

I really like the RRS lever clamp but since the A-S plate for the F Line FIeld is smaller than other A-S plates, I have to add the extra plate to make all of this work together.