PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Color Kardan Film Holder attachment

Tracy Smithson
15-Apr-2006, 14:29
I have recently purchased a Linhof Color Kardan 5x7 with a ground glass and hood back. I am new to large format and I cannot figure out how to hold the film holder in place. Is there a part missing? Am I doing something wrong ie I remove the ground glass module revealing a space for the film holder but there apprears to be nothing to hold it in place. Can you assist please.

Amund BLix Aaeng
15-Apr-2006, 15:43
You don`t need to remove anything to insert a film holder. Just slide it behind the groundglass. There should be some springs there.

Michael Kadillak
15-Apr-2006, 16:20
There may also be a metal bail back on the camera back. Pull the bail away from the camera and insert the holder. Then release the bail.

Capocheny
15-Apr-2006, 18:10
Tracy,

You DON'T need to remove the ground glass module from the camera back... if you pull it back a little bit you'll feel it pull back toward the front of the camera. When you pull the ground glass module back towards you... slide the film holder into that open slot BETWEEN the camera and the ground glass module. Then, release the ground glass module (gently) back toward the camera. This is what holds the film holder in place.

Let us know how you make out...

Cheers