PDA

View Full Version : duolab temp control

gari beet
15-Apr-2006, 10:29
Has anyone got a copy of the duolab manual or know how to adjust the tempering bath temp? I have had mine packed away for a while and now it will only temper at 34-35 deg, I do recall that there is a screw for adjustment somewhere under the switch but I can't find one that looks familiar and I have lost the manual!! Can anyone shed any light on my problem?

I have tried searching the net and this site with no luck, the US and Euro Jobo sites have no manuals on the website and I have had no reply from them or in fact the dealer that I bought the Duolab from....I am all out of ideas.

gari

Malcolm Stewart
16-Apr-2006, 13:54
Hi Gari,

I have a Duolab and the instruction manual. What follows is paraphrased from the manual.

There are two temperature adjustment screws - one for the deep tank, and one for the water jacket. Remove the temperature setting knob, and underneath you will see 4 mounting screws at N, S, E & W, and the two adjustment screws, at NW & SW positions.

Before checking temperature, de-aerate the heater storage tank.

Deep tank - developer

Wait 20 minutes. Check temp of water in developer slot.

The adjustment is made on the screw in the NW position. Clockwise increases the temperature. Adj. range is about +/- 1 deg C. (Other slots run cooler than the developer slot.)

Water jacket

Wait 90 minutes

The adjustment is made on the screw in the SW position. Clockwise increases the temperature. Adj. range is about +/- 1 deg C. Check temp inside water filled bottle #1 (at LH front position) in the jacket. Wait 60 minutes after adjustment, recheck.

Hope this is sufficient - if not, I could email a scan of the de-aerating and temp. adjustment paragraphs to you.

Best Wishes

gari beet
16-Apr-2006, 15:43
thats great, thanks for that, I shall get back to you re the scan... I can be a bit hard of understanding at times!!
Gari

gari beet
17-Apr-2006, 10:20
Hey Malcolm, any chance you could post a scan of the de-aerating procedure? many thanks

Malcolm Stewart
19-Apr-2006, 08:47
Scan posted to your email address a few minutes ago.