PDA

View Full Version : Layton L-45A

Scott Knowles
14-Apr-2006, 17:41
Does anyone know what's up with the Layton L-45A camera? The Web sites says there are production delays and the last e-mail from John is dated January 31st. I'm one of those with deposits for one and just wonder what's happening. Is he scheduled to be at the June LF conference? I look forward to the camera, and wonder the status of it or when it will be available.

Frank Petronio
14-Apr-2006, 17:58
Have you tried Layton Camera, P.O. Box 666, East Island, Grand Caymans?

steve simmons
14-Apr-2006, 19:31
There have been delays but as far as I know he still intends to bring out the camera. He is hoping that the camera will be at the conference.

That's the best I can pass along.

steve simmons

Scott Knowles
15-Apr-2006, 07:04
Thanks Steve. I don't think the deposits so far would pay for a life in the Grand Cayman Islands, maybe air fare and a week's stay, then he'd have to sell more cameras. I'm guessing that no news is good news as he was making significant progress in the last e-mail. It's the learning curve of bringing something to market. I'm just ready to start using it.

Ted Harris
15-Apr-2006, 08:06
I talked with John last week and may see him today too. Scott hit the nail on the head, the short of it is that he has had delivery and quality issues with a couple of parts suppliers and had to do some switching around. He assured me the camera will be out.

I will have one with me at the Conference for the Speed Date A Camera workshop. It will either be a prototype or an ealy production model.

Frank Petronio
16-Apr-2006, 09:59
Anyone who knows John knows that he wouldn't go to the Caymans because he already lives in a great place.

Sorry for the attempted humor...

Scott Knowles
16-Apr-2006, 13:10
I realized the humor and where John lives (sorry, I'll still take the Pacific Northwest). I was only noting the deposits won't go far financially or geographically, let alone the Cayman Islands, if only for a vacation, and it's likely he's got more invested to date than the deposits. Besides we still have to pay for the camera, so the money is still awaiting the camera. It's been a long road for him, and I hope it's near the end for the first production run. John could probably write a book about the experience of taking the camera from idea to production.