PDA

View Full Version : G-Claron 240

Richard Littlewood
13-Apr-2006, 10:36
I suspect this is far from being a new question, but does any one know if a 240 G-Claron will fit neatly into a Press Compur that I think is the same as a #1 shutter - 40mm dia front and 36mm dia at the back. Thanks

adrian tyler
13-Apr-2006, 14:20
fits in a linhof tecnica...

Michael Gudzinowicz
13-Apr-2006, 16:50
The G Claron should fit into a #1 Copal, Prontor, and Compur. Compur shutters have similar specs to Copal though the distance to the iris from the front cell might vary by 1 mm or so. Some of the specs are on the Steve Grimes' website if you want to check them.

Janko Belaj
13-Apr-2006, 17:55
I have G-Claron 240 mounted in polaroid press shutter, but it is copal press shutter. If you want, I can measure diameters tomorrow when I cam to studio.

Kirk Fry
13-Apr-2006, 22:31
[I suspect this is far from being a new question, but does any one know if a 240 G-Claron will fit neatly into a Press Compur that I think is the same as a #1 shutter - 40mm dia front and 36mm dia at the back. Thanks]

It depends, I had a No 1 syncro-compur and tried to screw a 210mm G-claron (same thread sized as the 240mm G-Claron) into it. It screwed in fine, but when I measured the distance between the front and back cells, the combined lenses were about a millimeter longer screwed into the shutter. It seems that this particular shutter is not milled quite as deep as the barrel or had a little ridge at the bottom in the back cell. So it is important to have the original barrel so you can compare distances before and after. Good luck.

Kirk

Phong
14-Apr-2006, 17:39
>> fits in a linhof tecnica...

Do you mean that the technika can be closed with this lens in place ? Which Technika is it, and which shutter is the lens mounted on? That would be exciting news for me, as I use a Master. If the 240mm G-Claron in a #1 Copal shutter fits in a Master closed, that would be fantastic for me. Could you (or anyone else) confirm? Thanks much in advance.