PDA

View Full Version : LF shops in Germany?

benjamin broad imported
2-Mar-2000, 18:55
Does anyone happen to know of any good shops(or websites) to pick up used large format equipment in Germany? Do Linhof products sell for much less in Germany than the States?

thanks ben

David R Munson
2-Mar-2000, 21:57
NY Camera in Germany seems to have a pretty good reputation. I've never done business with them personally, but I've heard good things from those who have. Go to http://www.ny-camera.com to see their web site.

-Dave Munson

Bob Salomon
3-Mar-2000, 10:45
While I can't help you with dealers in other countries I do wonder if you are aware of the latest Linhof prices in the U.S.

The Kardan M monorail camera has a street price of $1170.00. With a 210 Rodenstock and lens board the street price of the M is $1595.00.

The Master Technika now has a street price of $4200.00. The Technorama 617 SIII with 72 or 90 mm lens and finder has a street price of $5495.00.

If you are a registered student in a degree granting photographic school prices are even lower! For instance the kardan M is $895.00 for students, instructors and schools.

You may find US prices on Linhof are very advantages and, all come with the US 5 year warranty rather than the shorter European warranty.

J.T.
3-Mar-2000, 13:39
Benjamin, With the German Mark being so weak, it is cheaper to buy Linhof items in the USA. Prices have come down considerably! Example: Master Technika 2000 body currently is selling for $3695. Good luck. Jeff

benjamin broad imported
5-Mar-2000, 12:15
Thanks for the answers so far. I suppose i should have noted that I am interested more in the current used prices of older linhof items in germany, but thanks anyway.