PDA

View Full Version : What are the cons of using this lensboard ?

galupi20
4-Oct-2022, 17:47
I cant find a Sinar standard lensboard Copal # 0 for this lens. What are the cons of using this lensboard instead the normal one ?

Greg
5-Oct-2022, 03:49
Pros: You have a "top hat" lens board for longer lenses, albeit a relatively shallow "top hat", requiring less bellows extension. Sometimes the "top hat" cone can be reversed, giving you a slightly recessed lens board for use with a wide angle lens.
Cons: No major ones that matter in actual usage in my experience. I have and use two "top hat" lens boards and use both without any problems.

Cor
6-Oct-2022, 05:38
Check if the nuts/holes in the " top" part let light through, unlikely to happen I guess, but check it anyway would be my advise

best,

Cor

Daniel Unkefer
6-Oct-2022, 05:49
Easier to work the shutter with gloved hands. Since lens nodal point is pushed forward, it does affect camera front movements. But easy to see on the GG and really no big deal. I have scads of tophat boards and they are very useful. Likely the original lens on that board was "forward mounted", reason being so the rear cell doesn't poke the Sinar Shutter. It dosen't like that

Drew Bedo
7-Oct-2022, 17:11
Only con I can think of would come from using a more extended top hat. A taller(longer) extension could vignette with tilt or swing.