PDA

View Full Version : Fujimoto 450M 4x5 enlarger?

Eric_6227
9-Apr-2006, 12:41
Hello,

Has anyone used a Fujimoto 450M-Multi variable contrast 4x5 enlarger? I'm wondering about the relative merits of these vs. other good quality variable contrast enlargers for 4x5 black and white printing.

Thanks,

Andrew O'Neill
10-Apr-2006, 08:04
I have been using one since 1992. I have never used another enlarger so I can't compare for you. I like the fact that the column can swivel around for floor projection or the head can do wall projection.

Charles Hohenstein
10-Apr-2006, 20:00
Where can I find information on the Fujimoto enlargers and enlarger heads? I have a Polaroid MP-4 copy stand, and I have read that the base and girder are the same as some of the Fujimoto enlargers, but I have come up with nothing on this. It would be terrific if I could simply drop an enlarger chassis onto the MP-4 column that I already have.

Charles

Eric_6227
10-Apr-2006, 20:05
Here's a link for Fujimoto enlargers:

http://www.jobousadarkroom.com/products/fuji450m.htm

blackandwhite
24-Jan-2007, 22:36
I bought a Fujimoto 450 VC about one year ago. I am stunned by the beauty of this machine. It is built like a tank, it is precision. It keeps focus and alignment. I am very, very pleased. I use it only up to 6x7.

Contact me with further questions.

blackandwhite:)

LF_rookie_to_be
19-Oct-2010, 13:13
Does anyone know if the dichroic head on the Fujimoto 450M-C (color) can be rotated 90º for wall projection?

Thanks
LF_rtb

jeroldharter
19-Oct-2010, 15:01
I have never used one but any mention of it has always been positive as the posts here indicate. I don't know of any 4x5 enlarger of late vintage that was a dog. But the Fujimoto enlarger is relatively rare so before you get one make sure that you can get lens boards, that the light source works, that you can get replacement bulbs, if there are alternative light sources, how tall the beam is so that it fits in your darkroom, is it compatible with regular timers (like RH Designs or Darkroom Automations). I rarely see any used parts. Although it is rather rare, I suspect that the market for these is about zero so you should be able to get a great deal.

LF_rookie_to_be
20-Oct-2010, 06:59
Got the confirmation, the head does rotate - image below shows it. Now the only thing I need is a 4x5 camera. Sweet...

jeroldharter
20-Oct-2010, 19:18
Is that a condenser head?

LF_rookie_to_be
21-Oct-2010, 04:17
It's a dichroic color head.

Jay Drew
22-Oct-2010, 18:31
This Fujimoto looks & sounds like a great enlarger. I am also very tempted by the LPL 45(s).
I love Dursts from my past experience w/ them. I'm in the market for a 45 dichro enlarger.
But I'm really afraid to buy any enlarger other that an Omega "D" series, due to their huge availability & i.e. parts availability.
Another thing I like about "Ds" is their slanting column. I've used vertical columns & find them to be a pita. I also like "outtafocus" enlargers, not because they will focus accurately (at least I've never used one that would), but because as the head is moved up & down the column the cropping remains the same (or close to the same) after doing the accurate, manual focusing.
Love to hear other thoughts, JD