PDA

View Full Version : extended lensboard for the Horseman FA

Raymond L. Fenio
6-Apr-2006, 13:53
I am considering an extended lensboard for my horseman FA. I saw a chinese board with the 35mm and 45mm options. I realize the rear element of some large lenses will not fit into the extension.
But wondered if anyone has used these kind of boards and how well they worked and with which lenses?

Ted Harris
6-Apr-2006, 14:43
Ray, another option, if your interest is a 300mm lens. Take a look at the Horseman 2x telextender. It is a superb piece of glass and when I was using one I was amazed at its performance. It is designed to work with any of the 150mm plasmats from the 'big 4' and works fine without requiring an extension board.

Armin Seeholzer
6-Apr-2006, 15:40
Hi Ray

I use on my around 50 mm extention board wich was originally from Horseman with a APO Ronar MC 300mm lens, works perfekt it only an f 9 lens but deadly sharp and was from the factory put into a copal shutter and optimised for 1:20 to infinity!
Love it and use it also on my Sinar with the extention board because I have an adapter from the small Horseman boards to the Sinar boards.

Stewart Skelt
7-Apr-2006, 05:51
Hi. I think you are referring to the one with screw-in extensions sold on eBay by someone called "jinfinance". I bought a set, works fine with a Fujinon 210 and a Nikkor 300. Well made, and much cheaper than most alternatives.

Raymond L. Fenio
7-Apr-2006, 15:38
Thanks to all for the feedback.
Ray