PDA

View Full Version : Brownish Eco Pro B&W paper developer.

tomwilliams
21-Aug-2022, 12:02
I just opened a bottle of the developer, and it came out orangey-brown. I'm not sure about how old the bottle is, but it's probably less than a year, and the seal looked good. Is this color normal for this developer?
Thanks
Tom

Michael R
21-Aug-2022, 12:40
Not really. According to the MSDS it should have a light straw colour. Given the listed ingredients it likely includes Phenidone or more likely a derivative such as Dimezone(-S), the oxidation/decomposition of which will turn the solution orange-ish and continue to darken as oxidation continues.

The developer might still work but you’d have to try it.

tomwilliams
21-Aug-2022, 14:29
Not really. According to the MSDS it should have a light straw colour. Given the listed ingredients it likely includes Phenidone or more likely a derivative such as Dimezone(-S), the oxidation/decomposition of which will turn the solution orange-ish and continue to darken as oxidation continues.

Thanks Michael. I'm giving it a try.
cheers
Tom

tomwilliams
21-Aug-2022, 17:12

Turns out the developer was no good.