PDA

View Full Version : How messy is your 4800?

Al Seyle
4-Apr-2006, 10:48
Should I not plan to put an Epson 4800 in a newly-painted and carpeted clean office environment and expect it to stay that way? Or should I realistically expect ink to be spilled and spattered about?

Ted Harris
4-Apr-2006, 10:52
Hav had no problem swith mess in 6 months of operation

John Berry ( Roadkill )
4-Apr-2006, 11:20
I'm just curious as to what conditions you experienced to ask the question?

Al Seyle
4-Apr-2006, 11:37
John-

Just that I have no experience with LF digital printing or how clean it is in the real working world. And I just moved into a new house with a clean-queen wife! Trying to live happily ever after. I've read about cleaning ink heads often and changing inks. Sounds like it has the possibility for messy screw-ups.

Jeff Moore
4-Apr-2006, 12:51
You would have to make a concerted effort to spill ink when making an ink cartridge change on any of the Epson large-format printers. And as far as the head cleaning goes, it is not a manual operation on part of the user; you just click the appropriate button or start the operation via the software and the printer does the rest. The excess ink generated in a head cleaning procedure goes into the maintenance tank, which you will have to replace from time to time. Basically, about the only way to create a mess is if you turned the tank or the cartridges upside-down and shook them. In other words, you'd have to be a complete idiot to spill ink on the floor doing any of these normal procedures.

Jeffrey Sipress
4-Apr-2006, 14:33
There is NO mess. Great printer. Buy one.

Robert Oliver
4-Apr-2006, 19:37
worst mess i've made with my 4000 is loading paper in the tray face up. ink doesn't absorb as well onto the backside of lustre papers.

much better, and cleaner, if you load them into the tray loader face down like instructed.