PDA

View Full Version : Helicoid lens mount for Linhof Press 6x9

Alexander
4-Apr-2006, 04:57
First, sorry for broken English... I am native russian.
I am owner of Linhof Press 6x9 with helicoid lens mount. There is leather's or tick bellows inside the camera body. Is it possible to change helicoid mounts to "normal" linhof lens mounts like in Super Technika?
Thanks for answers!

Bob Salomon
4-Apr-2006, 06:22
No. It only uses the lenses in the helicoid.

Alexander
5-Apr-2006, 02:07
Well, and there are no any adapters? I just discavered my own camera and the fotos of Super Technika and found that they are very close in construction except for forward side where lens monts to body. Moreother, the mounts on the body itself looks very simple, so, really it is ipossible to use "normal" lens mounts with Press body with some adapters, may be even handmade?

Bob Salomon
5-Apr-2006, 15:59
No adapters.

However the lenses are not very rare at US camera shops. Larger EU shops that carry used professional equipment should also have them.

But there are a very limited selection of lenses made for that camera body and there are no repair parts available should you need service. Why not sell the body and look for a used Super Technika 69? Then there are no lens problems.

Alexander
6-Apr-2006, 01:04
Thank you a lot, Bob!

I have all available lenses for Press, but I'd like to use movements with belows. So, no way... I could not sell the camera because it is a gift of the men who died.
Another question: there is possibility at Press to moving the back a littlt bit, but when I want to focus on infinity together with the object on the foreground using back movements I found that I could not focus on infinity. Is it correct that back movements work only for more or less close objects, not for infinity?

Bob Salomon
6-Apr-2006, 07:14
Try focusing the camera a third of the way into the subject and then do your back movements. Just be aware when you do the back movements you will change the shape of the subject. Front movements don't change subjct shape.

Alexander
7-Apr-2006, 04:13
Thank you, Bob!

Yes, I did, but the infinity is out of the focus anyway. I mean at the focusing glass.