PDA

View Full Version : Omega Reference Scales and more

Wsufans
2-Aug-2022, 14:27
New to me Omega View 45D. It doesn't have the stick on reference scales. Can they be found or made? Not sure exactly how useful they might be.

Also does the back come off or I would like to try and use the Lomo fuji film back. But I would also want to use it on my Linhof Technika IV.

Next It would be nice to find the lens board for the Omega that accepts the Linhof Lens board.

Ulophot
2-Aug-2022, 19:02
The 45E and F both had removeable Graflock backs; the F rotated. The removal mechanism on the F, probably on the E, was the two spring-loaded "saw" ridged outcropping (for lack of a better term) on each side of the back, i.e., the back face of the back, not the side faces. Push in to release the locks and move the back upward.

I hope this helps.

Dugan
2-Aug-2022, 19:39
I second what Philip said.
Push in and slide the two saw-toothed protrusions, and the ground glass assembly will come off.
Don't drop it.
Then you can mount the LomoGraflok back.
My 45D doesn't have the scale decals...I'd never use them, anyway...the ground glass tells all.
There are adapter boards available on Ebay, etc. that allow use of Linhof boards. You might check with Kumar, he can probably find one for you...he's a very reliable source.

Ulophot
3-Aug-2022, 08:24
Protrusions! The very word that eluded me.