PDA

View Full Version : Linhof Technika V + Angulon 90mm f6.8 - Which Lens Board?

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 15:06
I have purchased a Technika V and, separately, a Schneider Angulon 90mm 6.8 to use with it.

Can anyone tell me which lens board I should get if I want the lens to be able to stay on the camera with the front closed up?

[I hope the camera will actually be able to fold up with this lens on board…]

Thanks for any info.

Bob Salomon
14-Jul-2022, 15:22

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 15:28
Thanks Bob.

Bob Salomon
14-Jul-2022, 15:44
Thanks Bob.

Make sure if it is an old one that it is for Compur shutters, not Copal.
If it is a recent one it won’t matter.

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 15:49
Make sure if it is an old one that it is for Compur shutters, not Copal.
If it is a recent one it won’t matter.

Okay thanks for that Bob. Off to search eBay.

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 16:06
Think this would work Bob? Thanks. -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334247402134

[I don't see the 001015 part anywhere other than Linhof or B&H and the price is out of my reach...]

Bob Salomon
14-Jul-2022, 16:10
Think this would work Bob? Thanks. -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334247402134

[I don't see the 001015 part anywhere other than Linhof or B&H and the price is out of my reach...]

Probably, but don’t you have a Compur shutter?

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 16:17
Probably, but don’t you have a Compur shutter?

Yes — Compur #0.

From what I could see on Google, the hole size for this shutter is 34.6mm ,which is the same as Copal #0. Hope that's right.

Bob Salomon
14-Jul-2022, 16:45
Yes — Compur #0.

From what I could see on Google, the hole size for this shutter is 34.6mm ,which is the same as Copal #0. Hope that's right.
Yes, but if that board is for the Copal then your shutter may rub against the side of the recess.

LabRat
14-Jul-2022, 16:55
Besides diameter, the other thing to check for when using Compur/Copal shutters is board mounting thickness... The shutters have a short thread behind that the retaining ring screws to, and if the board is too thick there, it will not or barely thread safely so the shutter is held down properly... And lens cells that are large/cone shaped will sometimes not screw down completely if board hole is recessed, but makes contact with recess hole...

But your Angulon is ok as the cells diameter is not much larger than the shutter, but SA types could be...

Steve K

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 17:13
Besides diameter, the other thing to check for when using Compur/Copal shutters is board mounting thickness... The shutters have a short thread behind that the retaining ring screws to, and if the board is too thick there, it will not or barely thread safely so the shutter is held down properly... And lens cells that are large/cone shaped will sometimes not screw down completely if board hole is recessed, but makes contact with recess hole...

But your Angulon is ok as the cells diameter is not much larger than the shutter, but SA types could be...

Steve K

Thanks Steve. I may be getting ahead of myself here, trying to figure this out before I have the camera & lens in my hands. But I want to get it set up and working as soon as possible afer it gets here.

stephenmcateer
14-Jul-2022, 17:41
Yes, but if that board is for the Copal then your shutter may rub against the side of the recess.

Thanks Bob. I have pinged the vendor and asked for the diameter of the recess. Hopefully from there I can figure out if there'll be enough clearance.