PDA

View Full Version : Linhoff Kardan questions plus offset lensboard?

Stephen E. Sample
31-Mar-2006, 10:00
Can anyone ( possibly Bob Salomon) advise me on what Tecnica lensboard to use on my new used Linhoff Kardan camera? It is equipped with the Technica lensboard adapter and came with an offsetTechnica lensboard. This offset puts the the hole in line with the front standard center pivots, but it is not in the center of the larger lensboard, nor in the center of the adaptor board. It is about one half inch lower from overall center. Will this adversely affect the yaw free focus feature?

Secondly, I don't understand what that feature is? Is is like the orbix feature available on the new Arca-Swiss cameras. I understand the orbix allows front tilt without refocusing.

Finally, are the bellows on this camera made of leather. Is cloth lined on the interior and has a slick type, but supple exterior surface.

The camera seems to be of very high quality.

Thanks, Steve

Bob Salomon
31-Mar-2006, 10:41
Steve,

Hope our phone call answered all your questions.

Bob

Stephen E. Sample
31-Mar-2006, 12:29
Bob, thanks again. Your support of your products is outstanding! Steve

Joe Vedovati
7-Nov-2006, 10:28
Can someone tell me what the difference is between a technical camera and a view camera?

Also, I'm sorry for adding to this post, but don't know how to begin my own...

Joe

Frank Petronio
7-Nov-2006, 18:29
A Technical camera is just a marketing term used to distinguish a Linhof Technika and similar cameras, with more movements, from the less versatile Press cameras like the Crown or Super Graphics (very limited movements). Both can be used as press cameras with rangefinder focusing, but with the additional movements of the Technical camera a photographer might be able to pull off an architectural or tabletop photo as well. Then there are monorail cameras, often used for studio product shots and architecture, where maximum flexibiliy for movements may be required.

They are all View Cameras or Large Format Cameras...