PDA

View Full Version : RB67 Polaroid back on Century Graphic 23

David_6477
29-Mar-2006, 23:52
Hi

Can anyone confirm - preferably from experience - if the Polaroid back for a Mamiya RB67 will fit (and work) on a Century Graphic 23? I have read that the RB67 film backs fit and work OK - is this true? The CG23 is a 6x9 so what happens either end where there is a 1cm gap?

Cheers

David

Joseph Dickerson
30-Mar-2006, 09:48
David,

It will not work. The roll film backs fit on the RB (and Graphic) by virtue of the Graflok sliders. The Polaroid backs (at least all that I have seen/used) fit directly on the RB body by removing the revolving back. There is no such fitting on the Graphic.

The only Polaroid I have seen that will work on the little Graphic is the one that was made for the Horseman VHR. It will attach via the sliders but you will need to use the focusing spacer to place the ground glass in the correct position when you focus on the ground glass. There was also a rangefinder spacer that went between the front standard and the infinity stops if you want to use the camera handheld.

Joe D.

fotofundi
30-Mar-2006, 12:17
Thanks for the info on the Polaroid back Joe, Do you know if RFH for the RB Pro S models fit? I have heard somewhere that only RFH for the earlier RB will.

Cheers

Glenn Thoreson
30-Mar-2006, 14:48
The Pro S holders fit but they have a dark slide interlock that must be defeated in order to use them. My understanding is that it's something easily done.

Joseph Dickerson
30-Mar-2006, 15:33
What Glenn said. The darkslide lock is a little recessed clip on the bottom of the back that must be depressed to pull the darkslide.

You depress it pull the slide, only as far as the triangular cut out, and then the back can be locked onto the camera and the slide pulled the rest of the way.

I used my RB backs on a Gowland 6x9 for years with no problems.

Joe D.

fotofundi
2-Apr-2006, 10:05
Thanks for the help guys, are there any other RFH alternatives you would recommend for the Century Graphic?