PDA

View Full Version : CMS 20 II 4x5 Developer Test

Andrew O'Neill
14-Jun-2022, 17:12
Just uploaded part one on YouTube. I'm sampling Xtol, POTA, and Caffenol CL-CN, and comparing them to Adotech IV. In part two (currently testing) I'll sample Pyrocat-HD (mostl likely 2-bath), D-23, TD-LC 103, and LC-1B. It's a quest to find a decent alternative to Adotech IV.

https://youtu.be/GvJqtRkLuY4

v3k_Stephen
16-Jun-2022, 09:57
This was a really great video Andy
Thanks

darr
16-Jun-2022, 10:08
Thanks Andy! Another excellent video.
Looking forward to Part 2.

Martin Aislabie
19-Jun-2022, 08:53
Nice video Andy

Keep up the good work

Martin

Michael Wellman
19-Jun-2022, 09:04
I saw this video the other day and really enjoyed it (like all of your videos). What is POTA? Looking forward to the pyrocat hd test. Have you ever tested developers for CHS. II?

Vaidotas
19-Jun-2022, 11:15
Thank you very much for sharing, Andrew.
And please keep going!

What is POTA?

The answer is on this video!

Michael R
19-Jun-2022, 12:49
I saw this video the other day and really enjoyed it (like all of your videos). What is POTA? Looking forward to the pyrocat hd test. Have you ever tested developers for CHS. II?

POTA was formulated by Marilyn Levy when she was working for the military. It’s an acronym for Photo Optics Technical Area.

1l
30g sodium sulfite anhydrous
1.5g Phenidone

Andrew O'Neill
19-Jun-2022, 13:18
Thanks everyone! Yes, POTA is Marilyn Levy's baby. It's currently in the "alternative to Adotech IV battle". I've decided to make a family of curves using Adotech IV, POTA, Caffenol CL-CN, and D-23. I'm down to two sheets, so have to wait about a week for another box to arrive. I feel it's necessary to go through this agony to nail down EI's and N times. I hate guessing, especially with such an expensive film and developer. This will take a lot longer than I initially thought...:rolleyes:

Andrew O'Neill
19-Jun-2022, 13:24

Thanks, Michael. Yes, I have tested CHS with Pyrocat-HD. Eventually, I'm going to work out times for Xtol-R, as it's become my main developer...again. :D