PDA

View Full Version : Film Holder for a 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera

Alec
8-Jun-2022, 07:19
Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase some 12x20 film holders for my 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera. The owner told me the film holders were made for a Folmer Schwind Camera, buet there is no brand on the film holders, i don't know if they can work for my camera! I am not sure the "T" distance is the same?

Len Middleton
8-Jun-2022, 08:18
Alec,

Might want to check the light trap design.

I heard the Folmer place the ridge on the camera and the groove on the holder.

Could be wrong, but might want to check.

Len

diversey
8-Jun-2022, 08:42
I have a 12x20 folmer-schwing camera, the film holder has a grove/slot on the end where the dark slide is pulled out. The other 12x20 camera film holders like yours have a ridge that matches the grove on the rear camera standard. The T distance varies slightly among all 12x20 cameras. My camera has a T distance of 9mm. You can measure yours. You may be able to use the folmer-schwing holder for your camera, but there is a risk of light leak. The septum of older film holders is more or less curved, buy newer film holders and make sure the septum is flat.

Jim Noel
8-Jun-2022, 15:41
Hello,

I have the opportunity to purchase some 12x20 film holders for my 12x20 Korona Banquet Camera. The owner told me the film holders were made for a Folmer Schwind Camera, buet there is no brand on the film holders, i don't know if they can work for my camera! I am not sure the "T" distance is the same?

I doubtseriouslyif they will work. I know the FS holders for my friends 7x17 will not work in my Korona. They have nor ridge for the light trap.

Tin Can
6-Jul-2022, 03:09
Why not contact Richard Ritter

Maybe they can be modified

I think the T notches are reversed

Michael Kadillak
6-Jul-2022, 13:44
Yes, the notches are reversed. I believe that the original F&S holders (I have two that are surplus) have the slots for receiving the holder cut into the holder itself rather than a raised groove on the holder.