PDA

View Full Version : Yosemite At Easter

Geoff Graham
27-Mar-2006, 11:51
I am thinking of making a trip to Yosemite the Easter weekend April. What is the population like at this time of year?.
Geoff Graham

John Kasaian
27-Mar-2006, 12:24
Geoff,

Its a holiday. The high country will still be closed by snow, so the entire human population thats in Yosemite is going to be in Yosemite Valley because theres no place else for them to go---except Wawona. I'd make reservations for sure. On the other hand, all those waterfalls should be really cooking during Easter which is great, just be careful around the rivers and creeks because the waterflow will suck the unwary to the bottom faster than you can imagine.

Have a great trip!

Ron Marshall
27-Mar-2006, 12:53
I'll be there the week before. I booked six weeks ago. At that time all of the hotels in the valley except the tent camp and the luxury accomodations were full. So we ended up at Wawona.

I think as John said with the high country closed and beind a holiday weekend it will be busy.

Geoff Graham
27-Mar-2006, 12:58
Thanks for the info, I will be camping at canmpsite 4. Maybe I will find room for a tent.

Geoffg

Matthew Cordery
28-Mar-2006, 12:13
Get there early and bring your earplugs.

Eric James
1-Apr-2006, 23:20
Sunnyside will be jammed with climbers from the Bay Area and around the world. Besides Sunnyside Camp (AKA Camp IV), also consider the Backpackers Camp - officially, you need a backcountry permit; unofficially, you can arrive late, blast off early, leave no trace...and your earplugs at home. Earplugs are definitely the ticket at Sunnyside!!!

Have you ventured to the base of the lower YOS Falls? Beeeautiful!!!