PDA

View Full Version : My Show in Klamath Falls, Oregon

h2oman
11-May-2022, 19:41
I feel a bit silly posting this, given that the closest forum members are probably Vaughn and a few Portlanders, all five hours away, but what the heck! I've got seventeen prints hanging in a small hallway gallery at the Klamath County Museum until the end of June. I'm showing along with a friend, who does pastel paintings. Most of my photographs are large format, with a couple medium format.

If, by any crazy chance, any of you are passing through, you could text me (or call and leave a message) at 541-331-1547, and I could meet you there.

FrancisF
12-May-2022, 06:14
Congrats on the show and for sharing here. Thanks for the link to your website. Very impressive and worthwhile for all on this forum to visit even if they can't make it to the show.

paulbarden
12-May-2022, 06:38
Congratulations, Gregg, I hope the show is a success. You do beautiful work!

neil poulsen
12-May-2022, 07:53
My wife and I travel to K. Falls on occasion to see her family. I'll look forward to seeing your show. Thanks for the heads up.

Dugan
12-May-2022, 15:06
Congratulations!

diversey
12-May-2022, 15:21
Congratulations!

Thom Bennett
12-May-2022, 15:28
Congratulations!

Merg Ross
12-May-2022, 15:28
Congratulations, Gregg! Some really fine b&w work on your website.

Best,
Merg

earlnash
12-May-2022, 16:07
Hey !
I love your work... esp. the recent Utah images. Just went through Torrey a few weeks ago!

Greg
12-May-2022, 16:12
Congratulations... Every maybe 7+ years I hang a small retrospective show. Maybe 2 works from my very early years reprinted, 2 more from about 10 years ago, and the rest (majority of hung pieces) my present work. Helps me put my work into perspective.
Greg

Erik Larsen
12-May-2022, 17:31
Looks great Gregg. I also really enjoyed the images on your website!

Vaughn
12-May-2022, 19:27
Congrats!
I might head up to Washington in June -- possibly head back south on 97. If it happens, I'll let you know!

I took another look at your images -- those rocks in the ocean looked familiar. I can't make out the writing, but it looks like Lone Ranch Beach, OR. This is a 16x20 from a 4x5 many years ago. Lone Ranch Beach early in the morning of a -2' tide.

h2oman
13-May-2022, 07:22
Thanks for the support everyone! Neil and Vaughn, it would be great if you guys could make it in person. Text me at the number I gave if you have time for a cup of coffee or something. My wife recently reached the age to start getting calls about Medicare supplements, and for some reason all those folks have my number for her! So I'm not answering calls from unknown numbers.

Yes, Vaughn, that image is from Lone Ranch Beach. I don't get to the coast as often as I should - I'm particularly fond of that section from Brookings up to Gold Beach. Love your image - I get kind of a pinball effect leading me through the image, from the near beach and foam, to the big rock, to the other rocks, and finally the clouds. I really like kind of soft clouds like that, too.

I need to get in and overhaul the web page a little - there are some images there that need to be jettisoned!

Serge S
13-May-2022, 07:31
Beautiful work - enjoyed looking at your images your website

Ray Van Nes
13-May-2022, 08:44
Very nice. Congratulations.

Doremus Scudder
13-May-2022, 12:40
Greg,

Congrats on the show!

Great work on your website too! I felt a kinship with so many of those images.

Best,

Doremus