PDA

View Full Version : HF2024,ultra large format,field camera.

Tin Can
14-Apr-2022, 04:20
2017 youtube

https://youtu.be/bsNL_fc90T4

John Layton
14-Apr-2022, 05:08
Boy...that thing looks soooooo unsteady! :eek:

Definitely in need of a better support system!

Tin Can
14-Apr-2022, 05:14
I am making one on big wheels

I keep getting wrong parts from suppliers

Boy...that thing looks soooooo unsteady! :eek:

Definitely in need of a better support system!

Fred L
14-Apr-2022, 05:19
I was waiting for the camera to slip out of his grip while he was locating the qr plate receiver. but yeah, super wobbly. could have used two supports on the back to reduce the long axis sway (yaw ?)

domaz
14-Apr-2022, 10:16
The wobbling and swaying is something else. Maybe a compact monorail design would be more stable.. like a scaled up Gowland camera perhaps.

Drew Wiley
14-Apr-2022, 16:11
And with no vacuum back, no sharp film plane either. Doesn't matter .... very little will be in acute focus with the depth of field issues inherent to such long focal lengths. But as far as stability, maybe the flimsy tripod setup is just for video demonstration purposes .... I dunno. He's put so much real effort into it that I can't hardly imagine he uses an ordinary tripod and head for actual shooting purposes. Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt, and hope he holds his breath each shot, and that no flea bounces across the floor until the shutter closes.

sanking
14-Apr-2022, 17:54
Anyone with information about the HF2024? One-off by a home builder, or produced by a professional camera maker?

Sandy

Lachlan 717
14-Apr-2022, 19:07
Anyone with information about the HF2024? One-off by a home builder, or produced by a professional camera maker?

Sandy,

It’s Filip Habart’s camera company based in Prague.

Terrific guy and extremely helpful with information and builds (he made me 7x17” bellows; excellent quality).

Drew Bedo
22-Apr-2022, 06:37
"Field Camera", yet he is showing it indoors, not outside.

Wish I could support working with one that big.