PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver LF Gathering

Deniz
20-Mar-2006, 00:15
Hello all,

Just wanted to tell you that i took charge of the Vancouver-Victoria Large Format get together dinner due to the unfortunate news on Andrew's side.

So far the plan is to have a nice dinner with or w/o the significant others at Rossini's on Kits Beach. The date is Thursday, April 6th, at 7pm.

It would be great if a few people could attend.
Please post in here if you can make it. Maybe we can all head to the camera swap meet on sunday as well.

Hope to see you all there and i am hoping to make this a regular thing.

Andrew O'Neill
20-Mar-2006, 08:06
Thanks for taking this on, Deniz. April 6th looks fine. Is the swap meet at the Cameron Centre?

neil poulsen
20-Mar-2006, 10:14
Perhaps you guys could talk a little about the Large Format Getogether that you have? Is this done periodically, or in conjunction with the swap meet? It might be a model someone else could follow.

John F
20-Mar-2006, 10:15
Deniz, I'm in. How about a local contact number?

Deniz
20-Mar-2006, 10:33
Hey Andy, Yes the meeting is at the Cameron Center. We should definitely go together. I know last one sucked a little but at least i found some 8x10 film holders and a shutter.. :)

Neil- This is the first ever meeting that we are trying to make happen. Hopefully we will have a hell of a time and make this a periodical event. Maybe even form a club of some sort.

My number is 1604 556 8588...(my name is pronounced like Dennis)

cheers

Capocheny
20-Mar-2006, 11:18
Deniz,

April 6th at 7:00 looks good for me too...

Cheers

Deniz
20-Mar-2006, 13:27
Opss, Sorry i meant the Swap meet is at the Cameron center.

The LF Meeting-dinner is at Rossini's by Kitsilano Beach. (Yew st. and Cornwall )

Dave Aharonian
20-Mar-2006, 19:20
Damn! I'd love to attend but I'm shooting in Victoria that day. I'll try for the Swap meet though. Thanks for organizing this.

Andrew O'Neill
20-Mar-2006, 21:52
Neil,

This is the first time we have done this so whatever happens, happens. I do think it would be a great idea if we all brought a few prints of our work. We could even talk about an outing with our cameras...of course I still don't have ANY of my gear yet...my insurance broker says my stuff should start rolling in in early April.

Deniz
20-Mar-2006, 23:48
I think bringing a few prints is a fantastic idea.
I am trying to get a few ideas rolling for this meeting. I even want to get the Vancouver Large Format Photographers Group (VLFPG) going.

I think it would be great if we had a few outtings a year. little wokshops and whatnot. I think each of us has some sort of expertise that would benefit the rest of the group. I for one would love to learn more about Andy's unsharp mask printing.

Hopefully, with a little passion and love, this will be a success..

Thank you all

cheers

Bill Laidley
21-Mar-2006, 17:36
I'm in! See you there.

Andrew O'Neill
21-Mar-2006, 20:09
VLFPG. Great idea! Or LMLFPG (lower mainland...) Or LM&VLFPG (lower mainland & Victoria...) Or BCLFPG (British Columbia...) Or...

Don Wilkes
23-Mar-2006, 15:33
Hi, guys -- I'm late getting to this as I was out of town for a week. It'd be difficult for me to make the Thursday evening get-together, as I live in Victoria, but I'm tentatively planning to make it to the swap meet the following Sunday. I'm in the market for a 4x5 field, and I'm hoping something may turn up there. At any event, I hope to run into some of you there.

Cheers,
donw