PDA

View Full Version : Sinar 8x10 Bellows question

Greg
8-Mar-2022, 17:19
I have and use an 8x10 Sinar Norma. The original bellows was patched up and worked just fine till yesterday. :-( Now need to send the front and rear frames to Custom Bellows in the UK for a replacement bellows. I was expecting this so a while back acquired a used newer? OEM Sinar 8x10 bellows. Went to put it on to the 8x10 Norma, and it was a no-go. I couldn't lock it in tight to the back of the Norma's 8x10 frame. Very, very vaguely remember reading that some? OEM Sinar 8x10 bellows are not interchangeable between the Norma and the P. Anyone out there know if this is so or not?

Joshua Dunn
8-Mar-2022, 20:26
Greg,

I don't have a lot of experience with the Sinar Norma series however I have a lot of experience on Sinar F, P and P2. Just looking at a Norma, I can't see how any of those bellows would fit it. The Sinar P 8x10 bellows are smaller than the 8x10 F2 (a rare camera) and 8x10 P2 at the rear standard. They are all the same at the front standard. So I don't see anything but an original Sinar Norma bellows working.

Probably not the response you were hoping for...

-Joshua

abruzzi
8-Mar-2022, 22:42
Also remember that for the P's there were metering backs and non-metering backs for the 8x10 that had a different size mount. My understanding is the Norma is compatible with the P non metered sized bellows.

Greg
9-Mar-2022, 06:32
Went to put it on to the 8x10 Norma, and it was a no-go. I couldn't lock it in tight to the back of the Norma's 8x10 frame.

As far as I can tell the bellows is from a P. Glued thin rails of white plastic to both sides of the back frame and now the bellows mounts and works fine on my Norma as long as the white rails of plastic are orientated to be on both sides of the Norma's 8x10 frame.