PDA

View Full Version : Corrections on a copy lens: -3 ,-8 ,+4, +4, +12

Embdude
14-Feb-2022, 13:40
Can someone please explain the significance of the correction number on a copier lens?

As an example of what I am asking about there is an auction on ebay with a similar but not quite identical lens set...

"5 Bausch & Lomb (B&L) copy lens set with mount. They are all the same lens: 209mm F4.5 BUT they have different visual corrections. Corrections on the lens: -3 ,-8 ,+4, +4, +12"
https://www.ebay.com/itm/26500101100...rEeqDADhx1iSqY

Are these correction numbers common to copy lenses and what do they mean?

Thanks

Bob Salomon
14-Feb-2022, 13:50
Don’t you mean a copier lens?

Embdude
14-Feb-2022, 16:00
Don’t you mean a copier lens?
Probably. I do not know the proper terminology I'm afraid, but I'm willing to learn.
Copy camera, Process lens, Copier lens, Projection lens, Enlarging lens, are these describing specific designs or just describing the intended use, or both?

Bob Salomon
14-Feb-2022, 16:12
Probably. I do not know the proper terminology I'm afraid, but I'm willing to learn.
Copy camera, Process lens, Copier lens, Projection lens, Enlarging lens, are these describing specific designs or just describing the intended use, or both?

Specific lenses for specific uses.

Embdude
14-Feb-2022, 16:21
Thanks Bob. So the +/- corrections are these something specific to copier lenses or are would they also be used on process or other types of lenses?

Bob Salomon
14-Feb-2022, 16:27
Thanks Bob. So the +/- corrections are these something specific to copier lenses or are would they also be used on process or other types of lenses?

Probably a setting for technicians working on the copier.

xkaes
14-Feb-2022, 16:35
One more possibility -- I can't see the picture, EBAY can't find it -- Fujinon EFC lenses for photo processing machines (developing & printing) have similar number -- without the + / - , from 1 to 15, for example. They are not aperture settings. They are distance settings, perhaps for particular machines or film formats, etc.