PDA

View Full Version : horseman / sinar screen compatible?

Colin Howarth
10-Mar-2006, 01:30
Hello there,

I'm new to LF and about to purchase some equipment...

Having read a bit on this site, I've decided to go for a 2nd hand 4 x 5 view camera. In particular an Arca Swiss F or discovery OR a Sinar F1/F2.

Criteria were (price, quality, flexibility, portability, availability) I'd like to do the usual - landscape, architecture.

Looks likes it's going to be the Sinar since there's much more of that on offer.

Now, for the question....

I've seen a Bosscreen for Horseman 4 x 5 advertised. Will that fit on a Sinar F1 ?

Any other comments appreciated.

Tanks,

colin

Armin Seeholzer
10-Mar-2006, 03:26
Hi Colin

Yes it should fit. because Sinar and Horseman worked in the past very thight together and I have mesured my Horsman board which I use as a spare for my Sinar and it has even a Sinar screen in it with the exatly the same mesuramants as mine of the F1!
Good luck, Armin

Ron Marshall
10-Mar-2006, 08:09
Colin, you should definately opt for a Sinar. On Ebay in the past few months I have seen many Sinars go for reasonable prices. I just bought a 5x7 Norma back. The Norma is a bit more compact design than the F series. The rails and bellows are interchangeable.

Good luck

Ted Harris
10-Mar-2006, 14:50
Be sure the BOSS screen is for the Horseman monorail camera NOT the field cameras. If it is for the monorail cameras it will fit with no problem.