PDA

View Full Version : H&D Curves with 510-Pyro?

m00dawg
29-Dec-2021, 14:22
Generally speaking, it seems by eye my 510-Pyro 1:100 rotary times seem pretty good and seem reasonably decent with the SP-8x10 though I haven't processed too many sheets in the SP. At this point, 510 has become my general goto for the films I shoot, though I use Adox XT-3 for pushing still - especially with HP5 at 1600 in 35mm. It produces exactly the results I want so I'm gonna leave that alone and enjoy!

Anyways I spent some time working out H&D curves for various other developers (Xtol, XT-3, D23) and think I should perhaps do the same with 510. But I recall reading the stain can impact the results? This is for normal printing process (not any of the UV processes). Can I just use my X-Rite 301 and get expected results for normal printing? While I think I'm pretty close, it would be good to verify, especially with the SP-8x10 since that's a different process than I'm used to (compared to my rotary processing).

ic-racer
29-Dec-2021, 14:55
You will be fine. Even if your stain fades decades from now, you are unlikely to have the same printing paper available to make an identical print anyway.