PDA

View Full Version : LegacyPro EcoPro BW Film Developer - Have you used it? - Your thoughts

Ig Nacio
5-Dec-2021, 14:58
Hi,

It caught my attention that it is a more ecological developer.

However, it leaves me to wonder about the results.

Have you used it with any of your 4x5" negatives?

Thank you, kind regards!

Ig : )!!!

Michael R
5-Dec-2021, 16:14
It’s like Kodak XTOL. It uses ascorbate instead of hydroquinone so it is a little more environmentally friendly. It will give excellent results very similar to D-76/ID-11.

agregov
6-Dec-2021, 00:20
I have been using it successfully since the quality issues with Kodak branded XTOL. It has been reliable and behaves as XTOL for me.

Conrad . Marvin
6-Dec-2021, 07:09
I would be another to say it works like xtol but doesn’t seem to have the same storage issues. I have been using it for several years with complete success.

tomwilliams
6-Dec-2021, 07:41
Hi,

It caught my attention that it is a more ecological developer.

However, it leaves me to wonder about the results.

Have you used it with any of your 4x5" negatives?

Thank you, kind regards!

Ig : )!!!

Ig, Eco Pro's reduced toxicity attracted me about 18 months ago. Since then I've used Eco Pro interchangeably with Kodak Xtol, without noting any systematic differences in negatives.
cheers
Tom

tomwilliams
6-Dec-2021, 07:46
Ig, Eco Pro's reduced toxicity attracted me about 18 months ago. Since then I've used Eco Pro interchangeably with Kodak Xtol, without noting any systematic differences in negatives.
cheers
Tom

... I could add that I just mixed and used a batch of Eco Pro that I bought 10-11 months ago, stored at room temperature, with no problem.

Ig Nacio
7-Dec-2021, 21:03
Hi,

Thank you for your messages : )!!!

You guys mean that it lasts long as an already prepared stock solution?

Or you guys mean the powder itself lasts long in its closed unopened
pouch?

Thank you again, kind regards,

Ig.

tomwilliams
8-Dec-2021, 06:12
Hi,

pouch?

Ig, one unopened package okay after 10-11 months, and I've had a stock solution work fine after 5 months, stored in a full, airtight brown bottle. Both kept indoors at room temperature in a dark closet.

Michael R
8-Dec-2021, 06:32
Also note if you are environmentally inclined, there is another XTOL clone which is even more environmentally friendly than EcoPro. XT-3 made/sold by Fotoimpex.

Hi,

Thank you for your messages : )!!!

pouch?

Thank you again, kind regards,

Ig.

sperdynamite
8-Dec-2021, 07:31
Also note if you are environmentally inclined, there is another XTOL clone which is even more environmentally friendly than EcoPro. XT-3 made/sold by Fotoimpex.

I for one would be happy to switch to XT-3 but in the 'States it's availability is not constant. When you're maintaining a replenished solution you don't want to run out of stock.

Michael R
8-Dec-2021, 07:51
I for one would be happy to switch to XT-3 but in the 'States it's availability is not constant. When you're maintaining a replenished solution you don't want to run out of stock.

Understood. Same in Canada. It's a relatively new product and add to that all the crap going on with covid, shortages and on and on, definitely not something I'd necessarily rely on right now. On the other hand... XTOL availability has had a lot of hiccups in 2020-2021 too, with the product recall, sale of Kodak's chemical business to Sino Promise, and now rumblings about no new shipments from Sino Promise until who knows when/if. Sad state of affairs for the first and last developer to have genuinely bested D-76. :(