PDA

View Full Version : Canadian West Coast LFers!

Andrew O'Neill
1-Mar-2006, 18:29
Since Rob is planning such a dinner for Toronto area LFers, how 'bout of us Vancouver, BC area LFers do the same?? What do you say? Come on....I know you are out there!

Steve Pelton
1-Mar-2006, 19:58
Great idea. Count me in. This is a great way to share knowledge and expand shooting opportunities.

Eric Rose
1-Mar-2006, 21:44
In Calgary we have a Large Format Users Group that meets once a month. Every second Tuesday. Maybe you could start something like that in Vancouver too.

I make it to YVR on a regular basis. If you got something going it would be fun to drop into a meeting.

Gary Nylander
1-Mar-2006, 23:16
I shoot large format and I am located in Kelwona, I don't often get to Vancouver though.

Gary
(http://www.garynylander.com)

Dominique Labrosse
1-Mar-2006, 23:39
I think a Vancouver LF gathering could be fun. I'd especially like to do a group shooting outing. I think it has the best potential for knowledge sharing.

Regards

Andrew O'Neill
2-Mar-2006, 08:13
I know there are a few more of you out there! Deniz?? Henry??
Hey Gary, where abouts in Kelowna are you?

Capocheny
2-Mar-2006, 09:58
Greetings Andrew,

Hope you're doing well with replacing your gear... how's it going?

Yes, I'd be pleased to come and join in...

I tried to get a group going back a few years ago but it didn't go anywhere due to work constraints.... hi Dominique! :)

Just let me know...

Cheers

Deniz
2-Mar-2006, 10:30
You know i am always up for some LFing Andrew... Keep me on your mailing list for any meets..

I think we should all go for dinner or coffee soon to meet and get aquainted..

Deniz
2-Mar-2006, 14:15
today i talked to one of my instructors who shoots with a 8x10 deardorff and he seemed interested in the meet aswell. he said he knows a few people shooting with 8x10 around town and he will let them know too about the meet. looks like we can get quite a few people out there..

i wouldnt mind light hiking around cypress mountain and take some snowscapes

Robert Skeoch
2-Mar-2006, 17:46
Let me know the dates when you get them set.... I travel somewhere most weeks.
-Rob Skeoch
bigcameraworkshops.com

Dave Aharonian
2-Mar-2006, 18:40
Hi there, I'd be happy to meet fellow large format shooters here in Vancouver. Just say when!

Bruce Pollock
2-Mar-2006, 21:32
I'm in Victoria and might be able to get over to the mainland on a weekend sometime.

Gary Nylander
2-Mar-2006, 23:01
Andy,

I live in Westbank, near Kelowna.

Gary

Rod Bland
3-Mar-2006, 11:33
I'm in Vancouver and would be interested.

Rod

Andrew O'Neill
3-Mar-2006, 12:57
Hi Henry,

No new gear yet, but luckily it will all be replaced with new stuff! It's been ordered through Interpro Photo...even down to my drymount press!

Gary,

I lived near Westbank just below the winery on the backside of Boucherie Mt.

Nice to hear from you Deniz. The more the merrier! Can you recommend any good spots to meet for coffee, food, drink in Vancouver? There is nothing out here in Coquitlam/Poco area.

A LF field day would be great too. That's something we could talk about when we get together.

Hi Rob, where do you live?

Deniz
3-Mar-2006, 23:55
There are a few good places we could get together and talk..
Calhoun's on W broadway is great.. live jazz on sunday, thuesdays.. big and great. http://www.calhouns.bc.ca/

Rossini's by Kitsilano beach is great for dinner and again live jazz everynight..

These are the only 2 comes to mind right now.. but are good options...

if anybody else has any suggestions, i am open..

Dominique Labrosse
4-Mar-2006, 12:30
Cafe Kino is another nice place, (next to the Park cinema on Cambie St).

kreig
5-Mar-2006, 11:17
I would attend any LF group in Vancouver. I live just across the border in Bellingham. Make it happen. When? Where?

I had outlined a meeting program for LF users in the Seattle/NW area well over a year ago, but time overseas, some health issues and several deaths in my close family has prevented me from following up on the plan.

Kreig

Andrew O'Neill
5-Mar-2006, 19:09
Hi gang,

I'll have to pass on the organizing as I just learnt of the death of a close friend on Friday. Maybe some of you heard the news or read the paper about the avalance in the Selkirks where two were killed? Pat was my best friend so I'm not really up to organizing anything at the moment. Perhaps one of you could do it. Thanks...and sorry about this.