PDA

View Full Version : Monalog photography group looking for new members

Gary Samson
21-Nov-2021, 09:33
The Monalog Collective is a group of passionate fine art black and white photographers dedicated to the art and craft of traditional image making utilizing 19th and 20th century monochrome processes. All aspects of our craft are analog based, and we are promoting our passion for this approach through exhibitions, projects and regular gatherings to share our knowledge with each other.

We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group. Including younger photographers who are committed to analog black and white photography will broaden the Collective’s perspective as we begin our new project “Visions of America” next year. If you are a young photographer that embraces light sensitive film, paper and chemistry to create your work, please consider contacting us for a portfolio review. Our membership of thirteen is spread throughout the United states from Washington to Maine and we welcome potential new members from across America. Please see our website: www.monalogcollective.com for more information.

Duolab123
21-Nov-2021, 10:47
I'm not young or diverse. :rolleyes:

Jim Noel
21-Nov-2021, 11:22
According to your invitation, i stopped being young 57 years ago. I beg to differ - age (young) is a state of mind.

Alan9940
21-Nov-2021, 12:07
Don't quite understand how you're strengthening the diversity of your group by limiting it to photographers 35 and younger.

Mark Sawyer
21-Nov-2021, 12:17
Don't quite understand how you're strengthening the diversity of your group by limiting it to photographers 35 and younger.

Maybe their "Vision of America" is "Diversity Through Exclusion"?

r.e.
21-Nov-2021, 12:52

Check out their website.

Adding a few people who are 35 or younger might bring the average age of the group down to about 65 :)

popdoc
21-Nov-2021, 17:09
Congratulations!
Why $100 to join?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim Fitzgerald
21-Nov-2021, 20:27
Wow, guys. We are just trying to offer younger photographers an opportunity. All of us old people are in the group myself included. Is it so bad to look for some younger photographers who may want to get involved? There are no egos in our group, just trying to pass along what we know to younger photographers who work like we do.

The $100.00 is a yearly dues to cover expenses. Web hosting, materials for show announcements etc. We have had two show already and several of the members have sold work including myself. If you are not serious we will pass on you. Just throwing it out there. If it is not your cup of tea, fine.

Alan9940
21-Nov-2021, 20:50
My sincere apologies to the group. I obviously misunderstood the wording of the original post.

Myriophyllum
21-Nov-2021, 21:10
Well, I prefer https://www.largeformatphotography.info and https://www.photrio.com.
Great places here about silver based photography!
Enjoy!

Andrew O'Neill
30-Nov-2021, 13:16
The Monalog Collective is a group of passionate fine art black and white photographers dedicated to the art and craft of traditional image making utilizing 19th and 20th century monochrome processes. All aspects of our craft are analog based, and we are promoting our passion for this approach through exhibitions, projects and regular gatherings to share our knowledge with each other.

We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group. Including younger photographers who are committed to analog black and white photography will broaden the Collective’s perspective as we begin our new project “Visions of America” next year. If you are a young photographer that embraces light sensitive film, paper and chemistry to create your work, please consider contacting us for a portfolio review. Our membership of thirteen is spread throughout the United states from Washington to Maine and we welcome potential new members from across America. Please see our website: www.monalogcollective.com for more information.

I hope you get many young people! You welcome new members only from America? Lots of young photographers up here in Canada!

Tin Can
30-Nov-2021, 13:40
Good for you all

I think you wrote way too many words

Happy trails

Jim Fitzgerald
30-Nov-2021, 20:59
I hope you get many young people! You welcome new members only from America? Lots of young photographers up here in Canada!

People from all over are welcome.

Michael Graves
1-Dec-2021, 06:49
According to your invitation, i stopped being young 57 years ago. I beg to differ - age (young) is a state of mind.

Good for you, young man!!! Let him know that we don't tolerate ageism on this site.

Tin Can
1-Dec-2021, 06:59
Are all Monalog overlords over 35?

35 is a good age, I was hanging out with 30+ from age 17 until 10 years ago, as they kicked me out!

Jim Fitzgerald
1-Dec-2021, 09:22
Are all Monalog overlords over 35?

35 is a good age, I was hanging out with 30+ from age 17 until 10 years ago, as they kicked me out!

Yes.

Durst L184
2-Dec-2021, 20:42
We would like to expand our group to include members, 35 and under, to strengthen the diversity and creative thinking of the group.

Damn, Vincent Van Gogh would have been too old to boost the diversity or creative thinking of your group when he died --probably even before his prime. Well, no real harm in your post, great artists like Vincent are usually outsiders anyway.

Still, you have one thing right: your little group could use more strength in creative thinking.

Two23
15-Dec-2021, 18:10
"Diversity" is over rated. As for 35, I've almost been that twice.:D I think passion is more important than age and certainly more important than "diversity." As a b&w, dry plate, and wet plate photographer I do have passion.:)

Kent in SD