PDA

View Full Version : Photo Business Software

Ron Stoecklein
27-Feb-2006, 15:09
Is anyone familiar with a photo-business management software for the MAC that might be comparable to the Agave software which seems to only run on Windows?

William Stone
27-Feb-2006, 15:43
You might take a look at InView & StockView by Hindsight - at:

http://www.hindsightltd.com/

It's an extremely powerful and comprehensive photography business management package.

Bill

Eric Rose
27-Feb-2006, 15:58
i thought you could run windo$e programs on a MAC? I suppose you need some type of software to do it though.

Capocheny
27-Feb-2006, 16:53
Eric,

With the new generation of Macs coming out you'll be able to. There was, at one time, a software package that also allowed you to run PC programs under a Mac OS but I hear it was slow and rather inefficient.

I'm not sure if the new Macs with the Intel chips have yet been released... but I believe they have been.

Cheers

Eduardo Aigner
27-Feb-2006, 18:53
The new Intel Macs are available. But you can't run Windows on it (thanx god!). Virtual PC is an MS emulator of Windows on the Mac, slow, buged and expensive.

Capocheny
27-Feb-2006, 21:23
Eduardo,

Yes, Virtual PC is the package I was thinking of... and you're right. It's slow, slow, slow... and buggy!

I didn't realize the new Intel Macs couldn't run Windows though.

On second thoughts... why would they? :)

Thanks for the info.

Cheers

Ellis Vener
1-Mar-2006, 10:13
Hindsight Ltd.'s
Inview is the best and most poweful of these types of applications for either Windows or OS X users.

also look at BlinkBid.