PDA

View Full Version : Speed Date A New Camera

Ted Harris
24-Feb-2006, 15:50
"Speed Date" New Cameras

Kerry Thalmann and I, with "a little help from our friends," will be offering a free workshop at The View Camera Conference, on Saturday night. It will last from 6:30 pm until 9:30 pm, and include two consecutive sessions. The workshop will give attendees an opportunity to see, compare, and "meet" in hands-on fashion a large variety of cameras, all at the same time, and away from any vendors!

Attendance will be strictly limited to 40 people at-a-time in the room, on a first-come-first-served basis. We will open the doors at 6:30, and facilitate working "two to a camera" throughout the room, until the whistle blows. At that point, folks move on to another camera, until you've had a change to "get to know" as many as you wish. The room will be cleared at 7:45pm, so that a new shift of 40 can enter at 8pm. "First shift" attendees may return if there is space after newcomers are admitted.

At this time, we expect to have one or more cameras from (in no particular order): Ebony, Tachihara, Deardorff, Gandolfi, Toho, Canham, Toyo, Horseman, Linhof, Wista, Ritter, Walker, and Layton, and we will be adding more in the coming weeks. They are mostly 4x5, but there will also be some 5x7, 8x10 and ULF offerings, and the array will include both field and rail cameras. Kerry and I, and others "TBA," will be there to answer questions.

If you have already registered for the Conference, call or email View Camera Magazine (1-800-894-8439, largformat@aol.com) to sign up. If you have not yet registered and are interested in this Workshop, be sure to let them know when you do register.

Any questions? Please contact either Kerry or me.

Brian Vuillemenot
24-Feb-2006, 20:42
Who is supplying the cameras? As a LF camera addict, I wish I could be there for that- sounds like a great experience! Perhaps if people pay extra they could get a private booth in the back alone with the camera of their choice for 15 minutes or so? ;)

Al Seyle
25-Feb-2006, 08:48
When (date) and where? Viewcamera.com is no help.

Kerry L. Thalmann
25-Feb-2006, 09:39
When (date) and where? Viewcamera.com is no help.

From www.viewcamera.com:

Large Format Photography Conference

June 8 - 11

Rockford, Illinois USA

Click HERE for More Info! (http://www.viewcamera.com/pdf/2006/vc_conference_2006.pdf)

From the PDF:

Location - Best Western Clocktower Resort, Rockford, IL

As Ted stated, the Speed Dating will take place on Saturday evening (June 10, 2006) from 6:30 - 9:30pm.

Hope you can make it.

Kerry

David Karp
25-Feb-2006, 16:45
Wow,

That sure would be fun and informative. If well received maybe you can do it again at future gatherings.

Oren Grad
25-Feb-2006, 16:59
If this were a true speed-dating exercise the cameras would also get to decide whether they like the humans...