PDA

View Full Version : Readyload film removal?

h2oman
30-Aug-2021, 09:48
I'm burning some Tmax 100 readyloads that I've had for years. I have either never taken the film out of one or, if I have, have completely forgotten how I did it. Any suggestions as to how to get it out without mangling the film would be appreciated!

Alan9940
30-Aug-2021, 10:16
I haven't used any readlyloads in years, but back when I did I used more Fuji than Kodak. On the Fuji packets, I'd just grab the clip end with my index finger and thumb (on each end of the clip), grab the tab end of the packet with my other hand, and pull; came apart fairly easily. Then, simply remove the bits-n-bobs and process like any other B&W film. Don't know if this will help with the Kodak readyloads, but thinking of it as reversing how it works in the holder should lead you in a direction.

Ron McElroy
30-Aug-2021, 11:36
As I recall you hold the closed end of the envelope and pull the metal end away. This brings the carrier sheet out with the film attached.

Oren Grad
30-Aug-2021, 12:00
If you don't have Kodak's instructions, here they are - see the last page:

https://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/acrobat/en/professional/products/films/readyload/e2549.pdf

It's been years since I last used Readyloads, but my recollection is that it wasn't particularly difficult to disassemble the packet and extract the film.

h2oman
30-Aug-2021, 12:07
Thanks everyone - I'll let you know how it goes!

h2oman
30-Aug-2021, 13:37
Success! I used a little less finesse than suggested. I had trouble just pulling the metal tab end out, so just ripped the tabs off and then the film came out.