PDA

View Full Version : New rotary device for developing film

Steven Ruttenberg
4-Jul-2021, 21:13
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vfalendysh/aura-rotary-assist-film-developing-machine

Looks promising. I am gonna get one for color film and slides.

Peter De Smidt
5-Jul-2021, 05:08
It looks nice. My main concern would be initial adding of the developer. That needs to be done evenly and quickly or it can lead to problems. I expect this problem could be minimized with good technique.

Fred L
5-Jul-2021, 05:34
A way less expensive version of the Stark roller base. Cld be a good option if you don't process a lot of rolls in a tall tank. Wld be a step up from the usual roller bases (Unicolor/Simma). Kinda tempted...

Steven Ruttenberg
5-Jul-2021, 09:07
He lives about 20 minutes from me. Gonna get a prototype to play with. I’m hoping it can be used with the jobo expert drum. 10 sheets of color negatives at a time sounds better than 2-4 sheets at a time.

Steven Ruttenberg
5-Jul-2021, 11:49
I also agree on adding chemicals quickly and evenly. I got it down on the sp445, along with agitation technique. Took a lot of figuring out and plenty of ruined sheets that if not for the digital world would have been useless.

howardpan
11-Jul-2021, 06:16
He lives about 20 minutes from me. Gonna get a prototype to play with. I’m hoping it can be used with the jobo expert drum. 10 sheets of color negatives at a time sounds better than 2-4 sheets at a time.

Steve,

I just read in the second update that he is looking to borrow an Expert Tank. Maybe you can help.

He wrote:

I'm also actively looking for the Expert drums to borrow. Unfortunately they are very expensive for the testing purposes only and I cannot invest in them just to try. If you are in Phoenix, AZ area and have one please let me know.

Two23
11-Jul-2021, 07:09
It looks nice and the price is right. If I processed more film than I do I might well go for one.

Kent in SD

Steven Ruttenberg
11-Jul-2021, 21:05
I am looking into an expert drum. Gonna take some ot to buy that puppy.