PDA

View Full Version : Another freebee: Wista lensboard, Copal/Compur 0

Jeff Kavanaugh
11-Feb-2006, 20:37
Hey All,

Hans' generous offer reminded me to post the following:

I have a Wista lensboard, drilled for a Compur or Copal #0 shutter, that is of no use to me. (It came with a lens I bought used.) It looks like a typical Linhof field camera lensboard, with dimenstion of 4-3/4" by 4-7/8" (96 mm by 98 mm). The hole is factory-drilled below center.

Free to a good home. By "good home", I mean that I'd like it to be used by the person I send it to rather than a subsequent ebay buyer. Recipient pays postage and any duties; I live in Canada.

Contact me if this lensboard would be of use to you. If you have an unused Toyo field camera lensboard kicking around, all the better.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Kavanaugh
11-Feb-2006, 21:06
Good news for one, perhaps less so for others: the board has found a new home.

Cheers,

Jeff

David Martin
12-Feb-2006, 09:25
4-3/4" by 4-7/8" is most definitely not 96 mm by 98 mm

Jeff Kavanaugh
12-Feb-2006, 22:50
'4-3/4" by 4-7/8" is most definitely not 96 mm by 98 mm'

Bravo, you caught me there. Should read '3-3/4" by 3-7/8" '. Please direct your attention to more important matters.

j.

Jerry Fusselman
12-Feb-2006, 23:51
I do not follow you. You gave measurements that made no sense, which someone brought to your attention so that you could fix it. And then you suggest they attend to more important matters? If the measurements you gave were not important, why did you give them? And if they were important, why chastise someone for asking clarification?

Jeff Kavanaugh
13-Feb-2006, 09:15
Hi Jerry, David,

Re-reading my response, I can see that the humor I'd meant to convey didn't make it through. At all.

In fact, the kind responses I'd received over email -- especially from those who weren't lucky enough to have asked first -- had put me in such a good mood that scolding someone was the furthest thing from my mind. I can certainly see, however, that what I wrote looks that way.

No chastisement intended.

Cheers,

Jeff