PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix 45N-1 Classic? Does 47mm minimum bellows draw allow movements?

wallpaperviking
22-Jun-2021, 00:22
Hi,
Just wondering if there is any wiggle room for movements when using the "Universal" bellows with the Chamonix 45N-1? I did use to own one but cannot remember exactly... :(

Does it use a little bit of "bag bellows" design in the front section of it and that is how it is able to achieve such a short minimum bellows measurement?

Thanks so much in advance, much appreciated!

esearing
22-Jun-2021, 04:47
I think Corran has used a 47XL or maybe 58XL on his. For front movements you may need to rack it out a bit to make the adjustment then bring it back in focus. Or just use a recessed lens board, there should be enough play in the front bellows for small movements.

wallpaperviking
29-Jun-2021, 23:59
Great! Thanks :)

Jeff Keller
3-Jul-2021, 11:24
The spec'd image circle at f22 for the 47xl and 58xl is 166mm. For a 72xl it is 226mm.

I think Corran has used a 47XL or maybe 58XL on his. For front movements you may need to rack it out a bit to make the adjustment then bring it back in focus. Or just use a recessed lens board, there should be enough play in the front bellows for small movements.

Corran
7-Jul-2021, 17:19
Neither the 47xl or 58xl has really enough ic for significant front movements anyway. You can use them on the Chamonix though, even without a recessed board. Use a bit of rear tilt if you need.