PDA

View Full Version : V700 Scanning problem

John Hartman
6-Jun-2021, 19:20
One minute I've got nice scans and the the next, without making any changes they look like this:
Any idea what the problem could be?

Gary Beasley
6-Jun-2021, 19:41
Where is the selection box when this happens? I see this on my scanner when the selection is not on a negative.

John Hartman
6-Jun-2021, 20:48
Where is the selection box when this happens? I see this on my scanner when the selection is not on a negative.

B&W Negative Film is selected

jon.oman
7-Jun-2021, 09:54
The holder has to be properly inserted into the registration holes on the right side of the scanner. The back of the holder has an area that must be kept clear of obstruction. About the whole width of the holder, and 1/2 inch of the glass should be showing. Assuming you are using the standard holders.

Gary Beasley
7-Jun-2021, 10:09
B&W Negative Film is selected

Im referring to the outline that tells the scanner where to scan. F its in the wrong place the auto exposure will give you some really weird results.

Randy
7-Jun-2021, 13:21
That doesn't look like the film holder that comes with the scanner - to my eyes. If it's not, you may have to use the 8X10 mask and select "Film area guide", then place your film holder on the glass. I'm grasping at straws here, based on what I see.

Alan Klein
8-Jun-2021, 05:58
Im referring to the outline that tells the scanner where to scan. F its in the wrong place the auto exposure will give you some really weird results.

Things for you to check:

1. How are you setting the marquee to outline each picture? It doesn't seem you selected them. You should be able to use Thumbnail for auto marquee selection rather than Normal (manual selection) if you set point #2 correctly.

2. It appears you're scanning medium format. You have to select which medium format size you're scanning: 6x6, 6x7, etc. on the Configuration page. See this button on the bottom of your picture. When you get to the Configuration page, there's another tab for medium for that allows you to set the film size.

3. follow Jon's advice above.

jp
8-Jun-2021, 16:35
Because your unsharp mask button is checked, I'd bet money it has simply lost it's settings. Perhaps you'd saved them and can recall them?

Robert Brazile
11-Jun-2021, 04:43
Looks like you're blocking the calibration area at the top of the glass. Pull the holder down a half inch and try again.

Andrew O'Neill
11-Jun-2021, 08:39
I agree with Robert. It looks like something could be blocking the calibration area at the top of the bed.

rjphil
23-Jun-2021, 06:48
I get the same effect when scanning color negatives (as a color negative) on my Epson 10000. If I scan them as a positive and invert, no problem. Chromes and b/w do not show this. The calibration area is not blocked.

FotoD
23-Jun-2021, 09:32
Looks like you're blocking the calibration area at the top of the glass. Pull the holder down a half inch and try again.

+1
And clean the glass.