PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Latitude June 2021 Artist in Residence: Rachel Fein-Smolinski

Tin Can
2-Jun-2021, 11:23
https://www.latitudechicago.org/news/2021/5/10/june-2021-artist-in-residence-rachel-fein-smolinski

Read it all, I did

I believe Latitude promotes all photography

I know a 10X10 FOTAR disappeared into the building

I moved it there

Christopher Barrett
2-Jun-2021, 14:46
Who has the Fotar? I thought I was the only one in the building with a darkroom.

Mark Sampson
2-Jun-2021, 15:58
Must be a hell of a big building to make a 10x10 Fotar disappear... I worked with several for 20 years at a previous job and they are enormous (and very capable machines).
Jokes aside, I'll read the link, looks interesting.

Tin Can
3-Jun-2021, 03:39
I ran an ad in Chicago CL 4 years ago, 1 reply. That guy really wanted it but said no at my price and walked, not driving away. I had already disassembled

I called him lowered the price, game on!

But he didn't drive and no DL...young guy, bushy dark hair, average height. weight white specimen

I rented a van, he paid $100 for the van. He and a buddy loaded. I only drove, hernia limitations.

I forget the location, I double parked and bits disappeared into what I assumed was 'Latitude' he seemed to have special privileges. I never looked back

He said he never used forums, especially LFPF, never social media and ONLY did traditional film processes

He may be hard to find, I would start the hunt at Central Camera

Looking up what is now 'Latitude', that is not where I delivered, I delivered on a busy traffic N/S street east of...

Who has the Fotar? I thought I was the only one in the building with a darkroom.