PDA

View Full Version : 4x5 E6 processing in Los Angeles

Sara P
7-Feb-2006, 13:17
Any recommendations on E6 4x5 processing in Los Angeles? Preferably on the west side... Went to where I regularly develop my 120 film this morning only to find they don't do 4x5...and were less than polite when I asked for a referral as to where to go...This is my first time shooting
Provia with my Large format and I am tentative to walk into a lab I have never used...Thanks ...

Randall Ellis
7-Feb-2006, 13:34
Here are some locations for a lab that I have used many times.

http://www.aandi.com/locations.html

- Randy

Donald Brewster
7-Feb-2006, 14:50
I will second A & I Color Lab. They will treat you right. Another option is Paris Photo Lab in Los Angeles near Culver City and Photo Impact in Hollywood.

Mike Boden
7-Feb-2006, 15:10
I use A&I as well. They have several locations, but the facility in Santa Monica is the one I predominately use for E6. Not only will they proces 4x5, but they'll also process 8x10.

Other than that, I think a lab called Colortek in Culver City will process 4x5 as well. Maybe even 8x10. I have yet to use them, but I've heard very good things about them.

BrianShaw
7-Feb-2006, 15:16
The Darkroom on Reseda Blvd in Northridge. Not quite the West Side, but I think you'll like their service. http://www.darkroomlab.com/index.html They've never failed me.

Brian

Daniel Geiger
7-Feb-2006, 16:22
I like UCI Photo lab 6827 Tampa Ave, Reseda, CA 91335-3745 , (818) 776-9911. It's a one man band, who does nothing but processing film and printing. Doesn't even sell film. Peter is a really nice guy and always a joy to go there. Particularly if you are sick of being snubbed coz you're not a *pro*, UCI is a great place to go. I am very happy with services both for 35 as well as 4x5 E6 with consistent results.

David Fisk
7-Feb-2006, 16:51
I'll also vote for A&I. They almost always provide a 3 hour turnaround time on 4x5 transparencies no matter how many I bring in.

BrianShaw
8-Feb-2006, 07:57
Daniel... yes, Peter is a "nice guy" and his re-model is quite fancy... but he went digital over a year ago. His film services aren't what they used to be.

Sara P
8-Feb-2006, 14:58
Thanks guys...just got back from A&I with my processed film from Joshua Tree...loved their service, was quick and easy... :)