PDA

View Full Version : Recessed Lensboards

Gary Smith
31-Jan-2006, 15:00
Hi All,

I was lucky enough to get a very good deal on a mint condition Schneider 72mm Super Anglon. It came mounted on a standard linhof board. I am trying to use the lens on two different cameras, a Toyo 45AII and a Cambo SC, both of these cameras have Adapter boards to permit the use of linhof style boards. I can get the lens to focus, with extremely minimal movements on the Toyo, and it won't focus at all on the Cambo even with the bag bellows, though it comes very very close.

I was thinking a recessed linhof style board would work, but they only seem to be about 12mm or so deep. I was wondering if this extra 12mm would be enough for more movements or should I look for another solution, or if there are deeper linhof style boards.

I was looking around and found that Toyo makes/made a 30mm recessed board that would probably work very well, however this would not permit me to use the lens on the Cambo. I also looked around for a Cambo to Toyo field Adapter but have not had any luck.

Any insight would be appreciated as always! Thanx.

Gary

Bob Salomon
31-Jan-2006, 15:59
Linhof makes single, double and triple recessed Technika/TK lens boards. The triple recessed allows a 35mm to be used at infinity on the 45 TK.

Ed Richards
31-Jan-2006, 16:00
Get deeper than 12mm on a Technika board and you will not be able to operate the lens. Just try setting the lens board 12mm further forward and see how the bellows works. Find the back focus on the Schneider site and use a ruler to see if it gives you enough room on the Cambo.

Tedd
31-Jan-2006, 16:03
Hi Gary!

I actually just got my Technika IV back from Linhof in München today. I sent it down with multiple lenses to be CLA'd and camed.
Among the lenses was my Schneider Super Angulon 5,6/72 XL. they actually mounted it on a different board then what I sent it down with.
The board they put it one is about 12mm deep. They sent back the old one and is is about the same or even a little deeper. Let me know if you are interested...

Tedd
31-Jan-2006, 16:14
Granted even with the 12mm board Linhof added extensions and even changed the PC nipple to an extened version.
VERY NICE! Let me know if you would like to see their handy work.

ronald moravec
31-Jan-2006, 21:46
If it won`t go to infinity, tilt the rear standard back and tilt the lens forward on the axis tilt if you have these movements. You will also have to raise the lens on the front standard to keep it centered.

Gary Smith
1-Feb-2006, 06:14
I want to thank everyone for the helpful replies. I tried moving the standards on the Cambo an extra 12mm, and surprisingly it worked like a charm. I actually got most of my movments back, it worked on the toyo as well, but not quite to the same degree as the Cambo. So at least for now I am going to get a 12mm board and start with that. It seems like it will do the trick. I am also thinking about adding a 58mm lens as well at some point, that one will probably require the use of a deeper board I would guess.

Again, thank you for all the helpful replies!

Gary

Ed Richards
1-Feb-2006, 07:10
Tedd,

Did you say Technika IV and a 72? That is very interesting. I did not realize you could get a lens cammed below a 75. Does it allow any movement? (I have a IV as well and have been thinking of something wider than 90.)

Bob Salomon
1-Feb-2006, 07:18
To bring everyone up to date on the Linhof recessed lensboards for the Technika 45 and the TK:

001047 = 6mm recess
001015 and 001016 = 12mm recess
001035 = 21mm recess.

For the 72mm only you need either the 001015 or 001016 plus 300171 spacer for the Technika 45.

The spacer is only for the current 001015 and 001016 lens boards. It is not required with the old style 001015 and 001016 lens boards.

The current 001015 has the aperture selector and aperture scales on the front of the lens board and the press focus lever and a red dot on the side of the hole.

The 001016 has the red dot and the depression for the scales. A kit is available to add the scales and levers to make it a 001015 board.