PDA

View Full Version : Wista 45D strange reflections on images

corsuse
23-Mar-2021, 15:28
Hi all,

After my last shooting with Wista 45D and Schneider Kreuznach Symmar-S 135mm f/5.6 I noticed strange reflections in my images. It seems like the lens picks reflections from all sides and combines them to the image. I have used a heavy tilt effect on this image. Do you have any ideas why these reflections appear and would a lens hood solve the problem?

Regards!

Tobias Key
24-Mar-2021, 02:45
I would check the camera thoroughly for light leaks as a first step. Sometimes a pinhole can project a second image on to the film. If that doesn't show anything it maybe that light is flaring off of the film holder and throwing light on to the film - I have had that happen in certain situations and it's impossible to spot from the ground glass. The only solution is to make sure the lens is properly flagged or use a hood. What I would say from the image provided is that the flare seems to come a long way into the image area for this to be the problem, one way to check is to see if there is a narrow non flared strip of image at the very edge of the frame where the holder shades the film from the flare.

Paul Ron
30-Mar-2021, 12:04
it looks like a double exposure. i like the pin hole idea projecting a second image.

try the flashlight test? put a bright light inside the camera and then inspect it for light leaks in a darkened room?... especially pay attention to the lens board n mount.

robphoto
30-Mar-2021, 12:21
I had something like this once and it was that a small screw on the front of the camera had come out. To me it looks like a pinhole projection rather than in internal reflection, as they've said above.

corsuse
5-Apr-2021, 14:28
You were right. The cause was a whole on the lens board. It was produced because I have removed the Linhof quick release adapter and it left two holes from the screws that mount the adapter. When making a more extreme tilt this whole was exposing more light inside the camera and projecting a pinhole projection. Thank you all for the suggestions!