PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Filter Holder 100 - Anyone using it?

Renato Tonelli
21-Mar-2021, 12:34
This is purely out of curiosity; I had never heard of it until a few days ago as I was leafing through a Sinar Catalog. It functions in a similar way to other modular filter holders systems (Cokin , Lee, others).

What I am curious to know is if the filters needed to be Sinar-branded filters or if any 4x4inch (100x100mm) filters by Tiffen and others also fit.

Renato Tonelli
22-Mar-2021, 05:29
I answered my own question: NO, the Sinar Filter Holder 100 will only accept Sinar-branded filters as they are thinner than other manufacturer's.

Bertha DeCool
22-Mar-2021, 21:03
I answered my own question: NO, the Sinar Filter Holder 100 will only accept Sinar-branded filters as they are thinner than other manufacturer's.

Good to know, I ordered a 8Y and an 16O from a guy in Israel. At $22 a pop I went for it.

SK Grimes is making me a slip-on holder for a 4x4 ND (10-stop Breakthrough Photo) to slow down @ f4.5/5.6 on the 36cm Nicola Persheid I inherited. A simple square face on a <4" ring with the clips used on a Cokin or maybe Lee System. I'll prob'ly tape the edges for leaks if needed.

robphoto
23-Mar-2021, 09:19
We used to use the Cokin grads that are 3.3 x 3.9" / 84 x 100 mm in Sinar holders by cutting a piece of card to fit the Sinar slot, then making a hole in it to fit the Cokin grad and taping it in. Works with most lenses, and gives you some cheaper filter alternatives.